Mark Teahen anyone?

prochisox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
can we vote to see how many people used the name of the thread to spell teahen? my guess is most.

but yeah, i'd be all for it if the price ain't steep.

I didn't use the title, I just sounded it out. It's pro-nounced as T-Han, not T-Hen... So, there for, his name should be spelled with an a and not an e at before the n. :)

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
I didn't use the title, I just sounded it out. It's pro-nounced as T-Han, not T-Hen... So, there for, his name should be spelled with an a and not an e at before the n. :)

Thats not the way I have heard it. Tea - en. The H is practically silent

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
How is Getz "well suited" to a UTIL role when he can only play 1 position? Thats what Nix is for.

He actually played 2B, 3B, LF and SS at Charlotte last year. And he played more SS than 2B his first minor league season, and a bunch at SS his second year too. He just hasn't been moved around yet on the big club. But he can indeed play other positions.

Teahan is my favorite player to heckle. Occasionally get some first row tickets down the right field line from a season ticket holder and for the last 2 years I've been yelling at him asking when he's going to develop corner power, have actually drawn some looks from the guy. That being said, he's overpriced for what he is.

QUOTE (JoeCredeYes @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
Teahan is my favorite player to heckle. Occasionally get some first row tickets down the right field line from a season ticket holder and for the last 2 years I've been yelling at him asking when he's going to develop corner power, have actually drawn some looks from the guy. That being said, he's overpriced for what he is.

Wow, thats harsh man. Do you have a personal gripe on him? I mean, thats just uncalled for unless youve actually met him and know he is a douche or something.

QUOTE (JoeCredeYes @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)

So you're the fan that 95% of the fanbase hates sitting next to, then? The guy who heckles incessantly for no good reason?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
Teahen's one of the nicest players on the Royals...not sure why anyone would want to heckle him or someone like Mike Sweeney.
Well, I could see heckling Sweeney, if only because you could call him Mike's Weenie. That's too good to pass up.

I just looked at Teahen's defensive stats and to say the least, I don't want him to replace Beckham as the everyday 3B. He's not much of an improvement on D and I don't think we should risk moving Beckham over to 2B although I'm pretty sure he will play much better defense there.

The only situation where I would deal for Teahen is if Quentin comes back, sucks, injures himself again, and we're stuck with Anderson and Wise again. So then we get Teahen to replace either Wise or Anderson and stick him in LF and put Pods in CF. That way, you semi-replace Quentin's production and get much more out of Teahen than you would out of Anderson and Wise offensively.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Teahen's a good player. He can hit 20 homers at the Cell.

He does have more homers at the Cell than anywhere besides Kauffman...

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Teahen has a 18.7 VORP, which would be second-best on the Sox behind JD (28.3). That would be a huge upgrade.

Interesting, I had no idea.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
I remember when he was drafted the A's thought he'd be the next Jason Giambi. He was a guy whose power was supposed to come along with more development. It's never really happened, but he has turned into a very valuable guy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
There turned out to be a big flaw in projecting future power development based on how Jason Giambi's power developed.

PED's.

Teahen's body just looks weird. It doesn't look proportional. Like his legs are skinny and his upper body is huge. He almost looks like Clayton Richard.

Coming out of Oakland and all, I don't think PEDs would be out of the question for him.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
Wow, thats harsh man. Do you have a personal gripe on him? I mean, thats just uncalled for unless youve actually met him and know he is a douche or something.

I give him one a game if he gets in RF and use no profanity. If that gets in his head one bit, I've done my job.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
So you're the fan that 95% of the fanbase hates sitting next to, then? The guy who heckles incessantly for no good reason?

Nah nah nah, nothing incessantly, maybe one time a game if that. Getting killed here for asking a dude with a prototypical corner IF/OF body that is jacked when he's going to develop corner power, and why he's playing 2B. You guys gotta lighten up.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)
Teahen's body just looks weird. It doesn't look proportional. Like his legs are skinny and his upper body is huge. He almost looks like Clayton Richard.

Coming out of Oakland and all, I don't think PEDs would be out of the question for him.

To me, Teahen is just a better hitting version of Ryan Sweeney without quite as much speed (basically a doubles/gap hitter with occasional power) who had a couple of half-seasons that made you think he might be a consistent 800-850 type OPS guy.

But not enough pop for the outfield or 3B and lacking the defensive prowess for 2B or the footwork...not quite the same type of athlete as Shoemaker with the Cards.