7/13 Games

NorthSideSox72

Charlotte is off.

Southern League All Star game, lots of Barons were invited, but some (like Cook) can't play due to promotion. Retherford and Gartrell in the starting lineup, Jordan Danks is on the bench, not sure of any pitchers that might be on there.

W-S is off.

Kanny with an early 1-0 lead, Leesman starting, and CARLOS QUENTIN IS AT DH FOR KANNY. Must be getting him reps with the Knights off.

Great Falls starts at 8:05pm @ Orem, no idea on pitcher.

Bristol up 3-1 in the 4th, Serafin finally gave up a run, so far 4 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K.

Edited by scenario

Kannapolis Top 1st

Justin Greene doubles (12) on a fly ball to right fielder Raul Reyes.

Andrew Garcia grounds out, pitcher Eric Beaulac to shortstop Wilmer Flores to first baseman Eric Campbell. Justin Greene to 3rd.

Carlos Quentin doubles (1) on a fly ball to left fielder Evan LeBlanc. Justin Greene scores.

Jon Gilmore hit by pitch.

Daniel Black lines into double play, second baseman Joshua Satin to shortstop Wilmer Flores. Carlos Quentin doubled off 2nd.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
I am hoping Carlos comes off the DL on Friday. I am going, so it would be awesome to see Carlos back.

I think alot of us are going to be very disappointed with how Carlos is with this injury. His defense will be maddening.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
I think alot of us are going to be very disappointed with how Carlos is with this injury. His defense will be maddening.

He was taken out after two at-bats tonight. Was this scheduled? Or is this something with his injury? I would think he should be playing more than two at-bats at this point in his rehab...

Quentin was originally scheduled to play left field, but he switched to designated hitter after rain postponed the start of Monday's game by an hour. Quentin lined out to center in the fourth inning in his other at-bat.

He was DH'ing and the Sox wanted to be careful due to the wetness of the field (running the bases) and pulled him from the game early. It was precautionary. Can't blame them.

Back from the Great Falls game. They lost 6-5. Down 6-1 the Voyagers got 4 in the 8th to make for an exciting finish. All three games in the series were decided by a run. Zach Larson was the starting catcher. He wasn't even on the roster sheet. I had no idea who he even was. He's a pretty big guy with a real good arm. He threw out one guy trying to steal 2nd and picked another off 1st. In the 8th inning he got beaned. It was a scary moment, but he walked off the field and seemed ok.

1st inning: * Jeffrey Tezak grounds out, pitcher Orangel Arenas to first baseman Tyler Mann.

* Jesus Avila reaches on throwing error by shortstop Jon Karcich.

* Ryan Hamme singles on a line drive to left fielder Richard Cates. Jesus Avila to 2nd.

* Johny Celis grounds out, second baseman Jean Segura to first baseman Tyler Mann. Jesus Avila to 3rd. Ryan Hamme to 2nd.

* Jordan Cheatham singles on a line drive to left fielder Richard Cates. Jesus Avila scores. Ryan Hamme out at home on the throw, left fielder Richard Cates to catcher Braulio Pardo.

Bad call...Hamme was safe.

2nd inning: * Matthew Harughty grounds out, second baseman Jean Segura to first baseman Tyler Mann.

* Kenneth Gilbert singles on a line drive to center fielder Daniel Eichelberger.

* Zach Larson walks. Kenneth Gilbert to 2nd.

* Todd Gossage flies out to center fielder Daniel Eichelberger. Kenneth Gilbert to 3rd.

* Kenneth Gilbert out at home, catcher Braulio Pardo to pitcher Orangel Arenas.

Bad call...Gilbert was safe. Bautista came out to argue and he was hot.

I had a lot of fun at these games and took a bunch of pictures which I'll hope to get up soon.