Shawn Johnson in a Sox hat at ASG

wilmot825

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
I'm there with ya.

But I'm happy to have seen her now.

Eh, if you were still in Iowa, you'd have known about her a couple of years ago. She's a HUGE deal in this state, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know of her here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Eh, if you were still in Iowa, you'd have known about her a couple of years ago. She's a HUGE deal in this state, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know of her here.

Well you guys don't have much out there. I mean the only crime that is there constantly is if a cow has too much milk.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
Well you guys don't have much out there. I mean the only crime that is there constantly is if a cow has too much milk.

Iowa is also the Meth Capitol of the world...

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)

I mean, how's that make you feel about your state?

Hate to ruin everyone's parade here, it may already be posted earlier in the thread, but I am lazy:

For the record, Shawn Johnson wanted to wear a Chicago Cubs cap and play somewhere in the outfield. So, naturally, they gave her a White Sox cap and stuck her at second base.

“OK, basically the way it worked was, you signed up and filled out this sheet, and (it asked), ‘Who’s your favorite team?’” Johnson said when asked about her first-ever organized softball game — the annual celebrity exhibition that helped kick off All-Star Game festivities in St. Louis on Sunday.

“Not even thinking where (the game) was, I put, ‘Cubs.’ And when I got there, they were like, ’Well, considering it’s St. Louis, we can’t really put a Cubs hat on you. But we’ll (give you) the White Sox.’

“And I said, ‘OK. Fair trade.’”

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/ind...l-bobby-knight/

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 03:45 AM)
in the celebrity softball game, gold medal olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson wore a White Sox hat...She was hot before, now she got even sexier in my book.

I saw that too. What a great all-star game