Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
Huet, like most goaltenders, was the s*** last year when given consistent playing time. He didn't sign here to split time and he certainly didn't sign to be a backup. I expect him to be quite good in the coming season.

I hope you're right. Our defense is good and continues to make strides, but we need another stride next year.

Also, these Wings fans need to stop saying Hossa isn't clutch. He was 2nd in the 2008 playoffs in points, 5th last year among Red Wings in points in the playoffs, and 4th among Red Wings in goals in the playoffs.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
I will miss The Bulin Wall.

Yes, after being a huge disappointment for THREE years, he waited until we were backed into the corner and signed another goaltender before looking like the Khabibulin of old. There were more bad times than good with Khabibulin, and his being gone isn't that huge a deal. Huet needs to step it up.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
I will miss The Bulin Wall.

Khabby had a good season last year, but overall he did not do the job that he was brought here to do. He wasn't a workhorse and he didn't play consistently well (albeit on bad teams) for the better part of his 4 years.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
Yes, after being a huge disappointment for THREE years, he waited until we were backed into the corner and signed another goaltender before looking like the Khabibulin of old. There were more bad times than good with Khabibulin, and his being gone isn't that huge a deal. Huet needs to step it up.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
Khabby had a good season last year, but overall he did not do the job that he was brought here to do. He wasn't a workhorse and he didn't play consistently well (albeit on bad teams) for the better part of his 4 years.

I was talking more about the nickname. Huet has the skills, and I think he can really flourish if given regular playing time. That save he made against Franzen in the Detroit series was just silly.

Tallon talking about Hossa/Kopecky on CSN right now. Seems like Havlat is a goner. Says that the Hossa deal will effect re-signing Toews, Kane, and Keith. Basically said that they couldn't re-sign Havlat due to length of the deal and not due to money.

Still out there

Cammalleri, Havlat, Gaborik, Kovalev, Gionta, Tanguay, Koivu, Antropov....Komisarek, Beauchiman...Biron

Heatley via trade

2nd tier...

Madden, Pahlsson, Samuellsson, Zubov, McKee

Colorado, Isles, NYR, Dallas, LA....no "noise" yet from them

Wouldn't mind Tanguay

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Cammalleri to the Habs .. now theres the deal all those annoying fans were wanting

Very doubtful Havlat will go there now. Thinking on it they are paying more for Cami than we are for Hossa... nice!

Edited by EvilJester99