Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
The tying goal was not Huet's fault, but he did look pretty bad in the shootout.

The too many men on the ice penalty killed what should have been a knockout blow. I am also very biased, but I hate having to watch Huet in goal all season. His weaknesses are known by every team in the league and they will be exploited.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Game 1.

Campbell digs-1

Expect AT LEAST 1 a game. The horse is dead, beaten, pissed on, and thrown in the pond already, but it will continue.

As for today's game, Huet certainly wasn't good and was a part of the loss, but IMO the main reason it was lost due to either inablity to finish scoring chances or great goaltending by Vokoun (depending on if you are a glass half empty or half full type of person).

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Sharp made a great play to settle that puck down as well.

Again, this team is LOADED with skill, the only thing that is going to hold them back is Huet.

Who knows maybe with a real good D, Niemi can be a very good goalie. He looked good 2day, made me much less nervous than every shot Huet faced on Friday.