Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 03:37 AM)
glad we got the two points, at the game it feels like Huet will be the scapegoat Campbell was last year, just constant booing...

but when Hjarlmsson(?) is on the ice is when our defense looks good

Yeah I'm not sure what constantly booing either Campbell or Huet is going to do that is positive. I get why people hate either or both of them, but booing isn't going to change the fact that neither is going anywhere, and it's just going to make them feel worse. This isn't like the Milton Bradley situation was with the Cubs where you can basically run him out of town as a fanbase.

I was at the Hawks game on Friday and I have to say being a newer Hawks fan it is pretty intimidating having so many smart Hawks fans there (atleast in my section). These guys really knew their stuff and it was like they could sniff out guys like me and didnt really respect my fandom.

It was pretty funny on the way to Westend on the shuttle after the game. Carmen and Silvy from ESPN were on the bus and everyone was giving them s***. They were really cool about it though.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 06:44 AM)
I was at the Hawks game on Friday and I have to say being a newer Hawks fan it is pretty intimidating having so many smart Hawks fans there (atleast in my section). These guys really knew their stuff and it was like they could sniff out guys like me and didnt really respect my fandom.

It was pretty funny on the way to Westend on the shuttle after the game. Carmen and Silvy from ESPN were on the bus and everyone was giving them s***. They were really cool about it though.

Don't let other fans' knowledge of the game intimidate you, Shipps. Everyone was a "newer fan" at some point, and you don't have to know who Lou Angotti or Jerry Korab were to be a "real" Hawks fan. Just go to the games and enjoy it, and don't worry whether anyone else respects your fandom. If you're into the Hawks, you're a fan.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Don't let other fans' knowledge of the game intimidate you, Shipps. Everyone was a "newer fan" at some point, and you don't have to know who Lou Angotti or Jerry Korab were to be a "real" Hawks fan. Just go to the games and enjoy it, and don't worry whether anyone else respects your fandom. If you're into the Hawks, you're a fan.

And I will say this at the risk of pissing some people off, but hard core hockey fans tend to be the biggest snobs about other fans. I think because the fraternity of hockey fans is smaller, they are more sensitive to "bandwagon" fans than other sports.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
And I will say this at the risk of pissing some people off, but hard core hockey fans tend to be the biggest snobs about other fans. I think because the fraternity of hockey fans is smaller, they are more sensitive to "bandwagon" fans than other sports.

I would absolutely agree with this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)

So true. I think thats also a big reason why some folks find it hard to go to hockey games consistently because its harder to ask someone what icing is than the infield fly.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)

Next time make your way over to Crossroads, awesome burgers.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)

What pisses me off are the newbie fans that THINK they know everything, act like they are the biggest fan ever, and are loud about it, when in reality they don't know much at all and are just annoying since they've recently jumped on.

If you're a newbie trying to learn stuff, I'll talk hockey with you all day long. The more people that know hockey and have an appreciation for the game, the better. The rest of you are just passing time until the next Cubs game.

That, and wait for a f***ing whistle. :headbang

Edited by IlliniKrush

Huet being pulled was as much about waking the team up as it was his performance. Any goalie anywhere is getting pulled if 3 goals go in within a minute.

Goal 2, bad. Goals 1 and 3, turnovers/blown coverage.

Niemi comes in, even worse.

This blows, but it's one game. s*** happens. Huet hasn't looked great yet but we're likely stuck with him, so here's hoping for a turnaround. He's got the ability, but not the consistency.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Newbie or not, everyone should be able to realize Huet f***ing blows. Pulled after 5 shots. 3-0 Flames.

Oh yea I kinda found that out even before when hockey posters here were ripping him. :lol: Very exciting comeback and game to watch though. Niemi looked like he allowed a couple of soft ones in, but he's been solid since.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
I was going to go to the Hawks game tonight, but my plans fell through at the last minute. Thank God. And if people want to boo tonight at the game, by all means they should. 5-0 in the 1st is simply unacceptable lack of effort.

Congratulations.. You just missed the biggest comeback in Blackhawks History.. TAKE A BOW! :D

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
I was going to go to the Hawks game tonight, but my plans fell through at the last minute. Thank God. And if people want to boo tonight at the game, by all means they should. 5-0 in the 1st is simply unacceptable lack of effort.

Great, so in the span of about two and a half months, i've narrowly missed going to Buehrle's perfect game (only reason I wasn't at that game is I left for vacation that day) and the biggest comeback win in Blackhawks history. fml.

Awesome comeback win though obviously, and a testament to just how powerful this offense is, an offense that will of course only get better when Hossa gets healthy.

Edited by whitesoxfan101