Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quite the game. I missed the 2nd period due to some school stuff but when I checked my phone to see 5-4 with 5 minutes in the 2nd, I was shocked.

Overall, I think the the team will be just fine, especially when Hossa returns, but the defenders have been worrisome to me, obviously as well as Huet in goal. I'd gladly deal Barker, one of our young forwards and a prospect for a good defenseman. I like the Keith/Seabrook pairing, and I like Hjalmersson, but Barker and Campbell worry me. Turnovers in our own zone have become a big problem.

And how about Kane. Great players make the guys around them better and I don't know if there is a better example of that than Kane and Buff.

And finally, paging Mr. Toews. Paging Mr. Toews. Any time you'd like to join the team would be great...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
That was quite the game. I missed the 2nd period due to some school stuff but when I checked my phone to see 5-4 with 5 minutes in the 2nd, I was shocked.

Overall, I think the the team will be just fine, especially when Hossa returns, but the defenders have been worrisome to me, obviously as well as Huet in goal. I'd gladly deal Barker, one of our young forwards and a prospect for a good defenseman. I like the Keith/Seabrook pairing, and I like Hjalmersson, but Barker and Campbell worry me. Turnovers in our own zone have become a big problem.

And how about Kane. Great players make the guys around them better and I don't know if there is a better example of that than Kane and Buff.

And finally, paging Mr. Toews. Paging Mr. Toews. Any time you'd like to join the team would be great...

The upside of those defensemen however is that they are in on the scoring and its coming in bunches. Barker made some crappy plays yesterday, but turned it around. With a halfway decent goalie in the net you saw what this team can do. Huet is the anchor that could bring this team down.

And even though Toews hasnt been scoring, he has been aggressive both ways and it will come with time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
I think I've been too busy watching Kane light the lamp and Huet sucking the big one.

Kaner is taking the next step, hopefully. He started out like a beast last year as well, then that nagging injury hit. Let's hope his body holds up for this year's 82+.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)

Its not November yet...

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)
From espn.com. Has been pulled since.

Wings.jpg

Ahh and the Wings secret to success all these years finally comes out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
I must say, Brian Campbell's head has been pulled out of his ass for the most part thus far.

I have thought the same thing, but posting that in these parts might be looked upon as only a small step about satanic worship, so I kept quiet. Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
Campbell is playing like he somewhat deserves his contract. The Bhawks are screwed when it comes to the cap though for next year. Huet, is what I sadly expected, and that's trash.

Huet needs to be dealt somehow, thats the #1 priority IMO.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
one of the SI writers at the start of the season picked the Hawks to win it all, solely based on the fact that he expects them to make a trade for a #1 goaltender during the season...

They have no money left under the cap. They would have to find a deal to get rid of Campell or Huet first.