Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Kane has taken such a big step forward. He just dominated the OT. Too bad they couldn't finish it. Now it comes down to the shootout.

When Hossa gets back, I want to see him on Kaner's line finishing these great plays.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
Versteeg also continues to be awesome. He is always at the other end of a Kane cross ice pass, always crashing the net and getting good chances. We cant let that guy go anywhere.

Damn you salary cap!

...and Stan Bowman/Dale Tallon/whomever you want to blame for fax miscues.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/...s-practice.html

Light contact for Hossa at Blackhawks' practice

November 12, 2009 1:33 PM | No Comments

By Chris Kuc

Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa upped the ante in his rehabilitation from shoulder surgery after today's practice.

The veteran participated in light contact drills after practice with defenseman Jordan Hendry, making it another step for Hossa as he nears his Hawks debut.

"That was the first try to see how the shoulder is," said Hossa, who signed a 12-year, $62.8 million free-agent with the Hawks on July 1. "I talked to the doctor (Wednesday) and he said I could try it after practice, play one-on-one battles with a little contact and it felt not bad. I had a few battles in the corner. I felt pretty comfortable but I feel when I'm still pushing the power is not there. I'm still working on it at the gym, lifting a little heavier weights and getting the strength back."

Hossa, who had surgery July 24 on his right shoulder, is still targeting a return during the Hawks' six-game road trip that begins Nov. 19 in Calgary.

"I've been working on my conditioning for a long time," Hossa said. "When you're doing bicycles and skating after practices it's still different than the game shape. I try to do the best I can on my own but it's going to take a little bit at the games."

Hossa said the next step is participating in full practices with full contact.

"A lot more practices are going to be like this (with) after practice just a little contact and then I'll have probably next week full contact and I'll keep practicing regularly," Hossa said.