Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbell is looking good as he is being put in spots to have success.

The cost of Hawks game are only going to go up as well as that joint is packed and relatively small.

Do you think they pipe in noise for the anthemn? I was in section 117 last night and it seemed like nobody was making noise. I gotta tell ya the 300 level is much better than the lower level when it comes to fans but they are paying the bills.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
Do you think they pipe in noise for the anthemn? I was in section 117 last night and it seemed like nobody was making noise.

No. The noise comes from the fans in the 300 level who care about the tradition of the team! Just kidding. They certainly don't pipe in noise though, your section probably just stunk in terms of fun folks.

Nice seats, though.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
I'm not saying there's no skill involved, I just have Toews better because of the skill/luck ratio. You'd be surprised how many hockey players could catch and hit a puck out of mid air, and conversely how often he couldn't repeat the "shot" portion again.

What luck was there on the Toews goal exactly? He torched every last one of them.

Easy. If one of the defenders, or the goalie moves into him, instead of standing still, the play is over. Yes he had a ton of skill to put those moves on, but Toews needed a bit of luck to ensure the chance at the goal, the same with Hossa.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
Campbell is looking good as he is being put in spots to have success.

The cost of Hawks game are only going to go up as well as that joint is packed and relatively small.

Do you think they pipe in noise for the anthemn? I was in section 117 last night and it seemed like nobody was making noise. I gotta tell ya the 300 level is much better than the lower level when it comes to fans but they are paying the bills.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
No. The noise comes from the fans in the 300 level who care about the tradition of the team! Just kidding. They certainly don't pipe in noise though, your section probably just stunk in terms of fun folks.

Nice seats, though.

I don't think you have to be kidding. The 300 level is great for the anthem. 200 and 100, not so much. Just look around, easy to tell the difference. A lot of people look surprised as the anthem starts and people start clapping around them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
Easy. If one of the defenders, or the goalie moves into him, instead of standing still, the play is over. Yes he had a ton of skill to put those moves on, but Toews needed a bit of luck to ensure the chance at the goal, the same with Hossa.

So what you are saying is Toews scored due to the "electric football" characteristics of a hockey game. Defenders generally don't stand still/play random defense. They tried to stop the puck carrier best they could, but they couldn't.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
I don't think you have to be kidding. The 300 level is great for the anthem. 200 and 100, not so much. Just look around, easy to tell the difference. A lot of people look surprised as the anthem starts and people start clapping around them.

So what you are saying is Toews scored due to the "electric football" characteristics of a hockey game. Defenders generally don't stand still/play random defense. They tried to stop the puck carrier best they could, but they couldn't.

Kinda like they did with Hossa, yet that was random luck. Yeah, that totally makes it different.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
Zetterberg left the game tonight vs Tampa favoring his right leg.

I know they get no sympathy here, and shouldn't, but everything that can go wrong for the Wings has so far this year.

I realize they've had it too good for too long, but as a Wings fan this year has bummed me out.

I'd like all three of my favorite NHL teams to be strong. The Hawks have been wonderful, the Bruins have had their moments but are kind of middle-of-the-pack, and the Wings have suffered but still have basically the same record as Boston.

Edited by The Critic