Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
Same here. Since I last re-upped with DirecTV, they've taken away Versus and ESPN Classic. So much for them catering to the sports fan.

If I miss playoff games because of their pissing match with Comcast, I'll go absolutely apes***.

Where did ESPN Classic go? I have DirecTV and have it. Channel 208.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 12:21 AM)
Ah my bad.. "Rob Blake" geez Steve give me a break.

And actually it was Dan Boyle who said that.

Rob Blake's been like one of the best offensive defensemen in the league for like 20 years. There is no giving one a break.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)
I am a new follower to the game which I've stated many times here. If I was Tony, Keith, Mike, Joe, etc.. I can understand and will take the ripping since they have been hockey fans for a long time. I gotta get used to some of the names past and present. This isn't SoxAce from 04-07 who mocked hockey fans (like yourself) and the game entirely, though I'm still not "big" on it. Hell prior to 2008, there were only a handful of hockey players I ever heard of. Gretzky, Orr and Lemieux. (Chelios/Roenick/Savard as far as Hawk players)

Ya, whatever, nobody cares if you misspell someones name.

I am a new follower to the game which I've stated many times here. If I was Tony, Keith, Mike, Joe, etc.. I can understand and will take the ripping since they have been hockey fans for a long time. I gotta get used to some of the names past and present. This isn't SoxAce from 04-07 who mocked hockey fans (like yourself) and the game entirely, though I'm still not "big" on it. Hell prior to 2008, there were only a handful of hockey players I ever heard of. Gretzky, Orr and Lemieux. (Chelios/Roenick/Savard as far as Hawk players)

Gerry.

You are the king of s*** giving. I returned the gift of s***. Happy Holidays!

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Where did ESPN Classic go? I have DirecTV and have it. Channel 208.

After getting it for all of my 9 years as a customer, they recently moved it out of my package and to a more expensive tier. Its not a channel I watch a lot, and I didn't even know it was gone until I tried to watch the Illinois-Northwestern football game this fall.

Welcome to the club! The more the merrier! Unless you are Red Wings fan. :angry:

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 10:45 AM)
After getting it for all of my 9 years as a customer, they recently moved it out of my package and to a more expensive tier. Its not a channel I watch a lot, and I didn't even know it was gone until I tried to watch the Illinois-Northwestern football game this fall.

Ah. I have my bill charged every month to my credit card, so I don't even see the bill anymore. I know we have the sports package and whatever that gets.

ANOTHER SHUTOUT FOR NIEMI!!!! The guy is a revelation in net for the Hawks.

Part of me thinks that Q has to start Niemi, regardless of how Huet is playing. However, you may not want to mess with what is working because if Niemi can't handle a full workload then you run the risk of ruining Huet's confidence and then you're stuck with mediocre goaltending.

3 shutouts in 5 games. . . amazing.