Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Keith looked like s*** as well. Dallas just gives them fits.

I pray that we don't have to face them in the playoffs. Dallas and Detroit (when healthy) are very dangerous matchups for the Hawks. So far though.. both are out of it as of now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
Brent Sopel is always the worst player on the ice. Spend the draft pick and ship him to Toronto, please.

As for the goaltending last night... it was weak (Huet) but you can't win them all.

And the 4th goal was a fluke. True, Huet overcompensated for a pass, but still, I think most goalies would have missed that one.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
I just got standing room tickets.

For anyone who has done that before, what is that like? Where do they let you stand? Is the new Madhouse bar like the Bullpen Sportsbar where you have to get there super early to get a good view of the action?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
For anyone who has done that before, what is that like? Where do they let you stand? Is the new Madhouse bar like the Bullpen Sportsbar where you have to get there super early to get a good view of the action?

thats wear I plan on watching the game from.

Edited by SockMe

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
Toews, Keith and Seabrook are Canadian Olympians.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/...eam-canada.html

Seabrook over Green and Phaneuf? Wouldn't have been my choice but you have to figure that Yzerman saw the value in keeping Keith and Seabrook together based on their success the past two years. I just pray that our boys come back from Vancouver healthy.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
Seabrook over Green and Phaneuf? Wouldn't have been my choice but you have to figure that Yzerman saw the value in keeping Keith and Seabrook together based on their success the past two years. I just pray that our boys come back from Vancouver healthy.

Green is a terrible defensive defenseman, and Dion Phaneuf is flat out overrated.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
I hate watching Sopel play. He is really frustrating.

My sister likes him because she thinks he looks scary. And she's right.

Sopel skates like he has a load in his pants and he thinks the two Bushes and Palin would be good dinner guests, according to the Roenick Heritage Night program.

Niklas Hjalmarsson is a guy who I am really liking a lot. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time and doing the right thing.

Obviously, we'll have to wait until March to play against the Caps, but we've already played 7 of 8 playoff teams in the East (if the playoffs started now): Boston, New Jersey, Buffalo, NY Rangers, Montreal, and Pittsburgh. We've beaten them all except Buffalo but I'd take my chances with any team coming into the UC.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/va...-team-usa_N.htm

By Mike Brehm, USA TODAY

Team USA, seeking to get back to the medal stand after a quarterfinal loss in the 2006 Olympics, named a team Friday that is strong in net.

Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is second among starting goalies in goals-against average (2.05) and first in save percentage (.933). He will joined in net by reigning Vezina Trophy winner Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins. Jonathan Quick (21 wins) has helped the Los Angeles Kings exceed expectations.

The U.S. defense will feature Brian Rafalski (Detroit), Ryan Suter (Nashville), Mike Komisarek (Toronto), Paul Martin (New Jersey), Erik Johnson (St. Louis), Jack Johnson (Los Angeles) and Brooks Orpik (Pittsburgh).

Among forwards, Chicago Blackhawks right wing Patrick Kane is the lone player in the top 10 in NHL scorers. But there is plenty of scoring potential among the forwards, including Zach Parise (New Jersey), Paul Stastny (Colorado), Phil Kessel (Toronto), Ryan Malone (Tampa Bay), Joe Pavelski (San Jose) and Bobby Ryan (Anaheim). Dustin Brown (Los Angeles), Ryan Kesler (Vancouver) and Jamie Langenbrunner (New Jersey) will form an effective checking line. Other forwards named were David Backes (St. Louis) and New York Rangers teammates Ryan Callahan and Chris Drury.

Six different countries have played in the gold medal game during the three Olympics that featured NHL players. Sweden beat Finland at the 2006 Games in Torino. The USA won silver in 2002, falling in the finals to Canada at Salt Lake City.

The USA will open the tournament in Vancouver on Feb. 16 against Switzerland.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
That roster is not impressive IMO.

Ryan is up there in the league in goals, Parise is #1 in +/-, obviously we know what Kane can do, Kessel is a stud, Rafalski is going to be the Wings' next Lidstrom, and Pavelski is pretty damn good.

Clearly, it's nowhere near as talented as Russia's roster or Canada's roster, but I think it'll be good enough to compete with both of those countries.