Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
We can handle a random loss here and there. I'm much more concerned with what kept Hossa out.

Supposedly it's a back injury. I hope he is fine. I think he will be. Coach Q said he should be out there Thursday.

2 game losing streak, but it was bound to happen sometime. In these next 3 games, they should take 4 or 5 points.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Supposedly it's a back injury. I hope he is fine. I think he will be. Coach Q said he should be out there Thursday.

2 game losing streak, but it was bound to happen sometime. In these next 3 games, they should take 4 or 5 points.

Considering how much they dominated in the 2nd loss, its a pretty good sign.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
I would like to see Huet win a game once. I do not think the defense of the Hawks will give him the opportunity but he has lost more games than he has won.

Precisely.

Bolland is back skating, its hard to believe, but with this team having so much great success I almost forgot about him. He should be a huge boost. Will Sharp move off of center with Bolland coming back?

I know injuries are bound to happen, but there are more forwards than spots when everyone is healthy...

I could see them moving sharpie back to wing, and moving brouwer to 4th line, but it seems as if they like having his big body out there when Kane is on the ice. Either way someone gets moved off the rotation when bolland gets back....who's it gonna be? Kopecky?

Then when Burish gets back i have no idea what they will do....

Yeah, quite the forward conundrum, which is a good thing. Some of the excess will be dealt to consolidate (it seems almost like a guarantee these days), and the rest will slide in to make it work.

You can't demote Brouwer to the 4th line, he's been fantastic. It's a tricky situation, but we'll see.

Four lines deep is always a good thing!

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
Bolland is back skating, its hard to believe, but with this team having so much great success I almost forgot about him. He should be a huge boost. Will Sharp move off of center with Bolland coming back?

I know injuries are bound to happen, but there are more forwards than spots when everyone is healthy...

I could see them moving sharpie back to wing, and moving brouwer to 4th line, but it seems as if they like having his big body out there when Kane is on the ice. Either way someone gets moved off the rotation when bolland gets back....who's it gonna be? Kopecky?

Bolland will center the 2nd line with Sharp moving back to winger. Not sure which line, but this is the plan. The plan was to have Burish replace Kopecky, but now he is gelling with his linemates, so who knows.l

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Wow. How huge could that have been if we could have traded Huet and signed Khabi like we were trying to do?

It would not have been ideal. Such is the risk in signing a 37 year old goaltender. (37 today, actually, so Happy Birthday you poor sap)

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)

Hmmm....

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Ladd(Versteeg)-Bolland-Hossa (don't think Q should break up Ladd & Bolly, but who knows)

Versteeg(Ladd)-Madden-Brouwer(Byfuglien)

Eager-Fraser(Kopecky)-Burish (don't want Byfuglien or Brouwer on the 4th line)

This is more or less putting the other guys at their natural positions.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
Hmmm....

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Ladd(Versteeg)-Bolland-Hossa (don't think Q should break up Ladd & Bolly, but who knows)

Versteeg(Ladd)-Madden-Brouwer(Byfuglien)

Eager-Fraser(Kopecky)-Burish (don't want Byfuglien or Brouwer on the 4th line)

This is more or less putting the other guys at their natural positions.

I think you'll see this:

Brouwer-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Bolland-Hossa

Steeg-Madden-Buff

Ladd-Fraser-Kopecky/Eager

They'll have to healthy scratch some folks. When Burish comes back, you have to unload a winger on the 3rd or 4th line.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
I think you'll see this:

Brouwer-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Bolland-Hossa

Steeg-Madden-Buff

Ladd-Fraser-Kopecky/Eager

They'll have to healthy scratch some folks. When Burish comes back, you have to unload a winger on the 3rd or 4th line.

What about trading Versteeg and Sopel for Neidermayer, and then having the lines be this:

Brouwer Toews Kane

Sharp Bolland Hossa

Ladd Madden Byfuglien

Kopecky Burish Eager

Keith Seabrook

Campbell Hjalmarsson

Neidermayer Barker/Hendry

Fraser can be a healthy scratch.

Just a thought...