Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
Why not make it intent to injure=you miss the same number of games as the injury causes?

I think the problem is who is the judge of "intent"? Sometimes its obvious, but usually it isn't. It's not like the player is going to admit it. If he leaves his feet, then it might be presumed, but what if he doesn't? And would a big name player "intend" to hurt someone if the result would be that they miss the playoffs and hurt ratings?

The NHL has enough trouble enforcing the rules it has, so I only see more problems with a rule like this.

Last night was as good a game as I have seen in a while.

The Kings never really got into the game and that was a back to back for the Hawks and the Kings had been off since Sunday.

Kane and Hossa seemed glued to the boards though and very sluggish.

The defense was incredibly solid and Keith showed that he is the best player on that team. I think he played every minute of every power play.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
Last night was as good a game as I have seen in a while.

The Kings never really got into the game and that was a back to back for the Hawks and the Kings had been off since Sunday.

Kane and Hossa seemed glued to the boards though and very sluggish.

The defense was incredibly solid and Keith showed that he is the best player on that team. I think he played every minute of every power play.

Gotta say it, Buff was solid defensively last night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
Pat Foley said last night that Seabs is to be in Wiz's wedding this summer. Nice.

From ESPNChicago

"I don't know why he couldn't have done it a different way," Seabrook said. "The hit I made on Perry warrants a fight or guys run me a little bit out there, but I think there's a better way to do it."

Seabrook said he watched "quite a few replays" of the hit, and doctors told him he likely blacked out.

The incident obviously strained a friendship. Wisniewski, a former Blackhawk, is getting married and verbally invited Seabrook to the wedding. When asked Friday if he'll attend, Seabrook first said, 'No,' but he added, "we'll see."

"He called me and left me a message," Seabrook said. "It was nice of him, but I'm just going to take some time and figure it out from there.

"I'm pretty [ticked] off right now," he added. "But time will tell. Time will heal, and we'll see down the line."

Good news for the Hawks is San Jose has struggled lately too, so the Hawks are still the #1 seed in the west and going to win the division. Bad news is, Vancouver and especially Phoenix are getting closer in the rear view mirror for points. At least they got one point tonight (Niemi was actually very good, but the defense was just awful), huge game Tuesday.

Blackhawks should be fine when they get Johnsson and Seabrook back. I mean, is it any wonder they are letting up goals with three of the best defenders out? While, Campbell won't return unless we have a deep run in the playoffs, I think we should see a marked improvement with Seabs and Johnsson returning.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
The Bad News for the Hawks is that the Red Wings are currently sitting as the #8 seed, which would make them our first round opponent.

San Jose has lost 5 in a row, so the Hawks still are up one point on them, but all of a sudden the Coyotes are only two points back. They can tie us for the #1 seed in the rematch Tuesday.

UPDATE: Sharks slide continues, they get smoked by Edmonton of all teams last night. They are still a point back with one less game to play. The Coyotes won their 9th in a row, tying them with the Hawks, although they have played two more games. It would be nice to at least get a point tommorrow night, if not two.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
Great game by Niemi....man if he plays like this in the playoffs...the Hawks will be in good shape. He is 20 - 5...amazing with those #'s we can still be worried....

.909 save percentage entering tonight, keep that in mind. He was outstanding tonight though for the most part, and a win over a team with 9 wins in a row in a game of this magnitude is nice to see. Need a strong finish for that #1 seed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
.909 save percentage entering tonight, keep that in mind. He was outstanding tonight though for the most part, and a win over a team with 9 wins in a row in a game of this magnitude is nice to see. Need a strong finish for that #1 seed.

I could give a s*** less what his save percentage was before tonight. He played like a #1 goalie in the biggest game of the season. If he can carry anything close to this through the rest of the season, the Hawks are a legit threat for the cup.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
I could give a s*** less what his save percentage was before tonight. He played like a #1 goalie in the biggest game of the season. If he can carry anything close to this through the rest of the season, the Hawks are a legit threat for the cup.

Niemi has played pretty solid throughout the season. The majority of goals scored against him are the type that are going to get scored on most goalies. He rarely lets in the soft ones. Now there was a drop off in his production when it was apparent he was getting a shot to "be the man". I think he put some added pressure on himself and played tight and at the same time the defense got lazy...it was a bad combination and led to him overplaying shots. He looks relaxed again. IMHO he is the #1 on this club and has been all year. The more he sees opponents the better he will be as well. Huet has 271 NHL games, Niemi has 32.