Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Great performance by the entire team.

Fixed that for you.

I told you all Niemi was the man. I'm glad he's getting consistent playing time for the team to gain confidence (which it clearly is).

Glad to see the Hawks seem to have figured it out before the playoffs started. Thanks Q for not f***ing around with the goalies anymore, and letting Niemi prove that he is the playoff goalie.

Should be interesting to see how this week plays out with the playoff seeding. Still have a shot for the #1 seed, only 2 pts back with an extra game to play. The #8 seed is gonna be either Colorado or Calgary which would be a nice matchup. Detroit, LA, & Nashville are battling for the 5-7 spots, the Wings can still fall to #7, which would not be fun for either the Hawks or SJ.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
Glad to see the Hawks seem to have figured it out before the playoffs started. Thanks Q for not f***ing around with the goalies anymore, and letting Niemi prove that he is the playoff goalie.

Should be interesting to see how this week plays out with the playoff seeding. Still have a shot for the #1 seed, only 2 pts back with an extra game to play. The #8 seed is gonna be either Colorado or Calgary which would be a nice matchup. Detroit, LA, & Nashville are battling for the 5-7 spots, the Wings can still fall to #7, which would not be fun for either the Hawks or SJ.

If we are going to stay as the #2 seed, it would be cool if Detroit could jump Nashville into the #5 and stay on the other side of the bracket.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
If we are going to stay as the #2 seed, it would be cool if Detroit could jump Nashville into the #5 and stay on the other side of the bracket.

In the NHL, teams get reseeded after each round, so they really don't stay on any one side of a bracket.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
In the NHL, teams get reseeded after each round, so they really don't stay on any one side of a bracket.

...BUT....BUT....DEN HOW'M I GUNNA DO A BRACKET????

BRACKETOLOGY!! BRACKETASTIC!!!

....DUUHHHHRRRRR....

They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

At least the 2 seed is clinched, we're now tied with the Sharks, and the big boys are starting to put the puck in the net again.

50 wins baby!

Edited by Steve9347

The Hawks will get the #1 seed as I understand it if they win out since they'd be tied for points and have more wins than San Jose, so it'd be nice if they just go ahead and do that, although it is a tall task. Hopefully Niemi's play recently is not a mirage, because he's been outstanding, and they'll obviously need him to continue to be for the next several weeks if they want to reach their goals.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
The Hawks will get the #1 seed as I understand it if they win out since they'd be tied for points and have more wins than San Jose, so it'd be nice if they just go ahead and do that, although it is a tall task. Hopefully Niemi's play recently is not a mirage, because he's been outstanding, and they'll obviously need him to continue to be for the next several weeks if they want to reach their goals.

Don't you mean...One Goal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
I hope Q doesnt put Huet back in there tonight cause its a back-to-back. f*** the frenchie's confidence, Niemi is rolling, and we need to keep him going for the run to the Cup.

I hope Niemi gets a break before the playoffs...

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
I hope Niemi gets a break before the playoffs...

Theres days off Thursday & Saturday, then there will be at least a 2-3 day break before Game 1 of the playoffs. The team is rolling with confidence again, don't wanna lose that. Three more wins clinches the #1 seed as well. Niemi's only played 36 games, so he shouldn't be too worn out.

It's getting dangerous to play the Blues. They are cheap-shot, head hunting ass clowns. That hit on Hossa was insanely dangerous... I assume his leaving the game after a few more shifts was precautionary given the Hawks were up five goals at the time, so let's hope he's alright.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
It's getting dangerous to play the Blues. They are cheap-shot, head hunting ass clowns. That hit on Hossa was insanely dangerous... I assume his leaving the game after a few more shifts was precautionary given the Hawks were up five goals at the time, so let's hope he's alright.

Agreed. As soon as they hired that new coach (forgot his name), they started gooning it up immediately.