Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Best he's looked all season so far.

When it's all said and done, Huet is the guy that will determine if this team is a legitimate Stanley Cup contender or not.

Which is why, despite a good showing against the league's worst offense, I'm still leaning towards "not".

I need to see good things from him consistently and against better competition to become a believer.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:27 AM)
Which is why, despite a good showing against the league's worst offense, I'm still leaning towards "not".

I need to see good things from him consistently and against better competition to become a believer.

We know he is much better than he has shown this year. If it takes a game against Nashville to get him back to at least decent, so be it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 01:27 AM)

The Hawks just need to him to get hot at the right time, and that's obviously in the playoffs.

Right now, the West is more wide open than it probably has been for at least a few seasons, so if the Hawks are ever going to make a Stanley Cup, this is probably going to be the year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
What a shot by Kane. he put that into a tiny little hole over Backs shoulder.

That was a sick shot. His talent is really incredible.

EDIT: Heres the goal for some who didn't see it/want to see it again.

http://blackhawks.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?...mp;event=CHI602

or..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpqH8FCOQQ

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
That was a sick shot. His talent is really incredible.

EDIT: Heres the goal for some who didn't see it/want to see it again.

http://blackhawks.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?...mp;event=CHI602

or..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpqH8FCOQQ

The goal is actually more amazing in slow motion, because you can really see exactly how small the target is at the point that Kaner takes that shot.

Having played hockey, and watched a ton, that goal really goes to emphasize how incredibly talented Kane is, but it also shows his ice awareness. He knew where he was putting that puck before he even took off around the goal.

To be able to spin around, skating backwards, and without looking pick the corner... that's special.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Marian Hossa skated non-contact drills today, and Brent Seabrook returned to practice. No Toews yet.

I think it'll be a while for him. His hit was much more severe than Seabrooks. Good to see Seabs will play tomorrow though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
Did'ja take a gander at who's minding the net for Colorado? I always thought he got the short-end of the stick here.

I did, but still, the guy hadn't really done anything worth mentioning until this year.

Still I'd like to see the person who thought the Avs would be leading the western conference easily at this point?