Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
Don't worry, the Hawks have the most back to backs in the league this year.

The NHL is so f***ing stupid.

Especially when you consider the two week Olympic break, having more than 2-3 days off at any other time in the season is just ignorant.

link

Interestingly, while the Hawks have been talking to Carolina, they have also supposedly been talking to Toronto about Tomas Kaberle (again). I am hearing that there is sort of an "agreement" in place, though the exact return from the Hawks has not been determined yet, and this could play out all the way up to the trade deadline. Apparently, Brian Burke covets any of a number of the Hawks' young forwards.

Supposedly Toronto wants some young forwards for Kaberle, who has 17 points in 12 games. Lord only knows if this is true, but we certainly have young forwards to deal from (I'm thinking Ladd, Versteeg, etc, none of the big guns).

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
link

Supposedly Toronto wants some young forwards for Kaberle, who has 17 points in 12 games. Lord only knows if this is true, but we certainly have young forwards to deal from (I'm thinking Ladd, Versteeg, etc, none of the big guns).

Ladd is my favorite player after Kane, so hopefully we can hang on to him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
link

Hopefully it frees up some money long term, that is all I ask.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Unload a couple of yonnger guys and make them take Campbell.

This schedule is terrible it seems like the Hawks will play 3 times in 4 days and then get 5 days off.

Yeah, the only thing keeping me sane right now is NHL 10.

Didn't know where to put this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unlpJMAVHA

Last week in the OHL some kid was laid out. Kid who got hit sent to hospital in critical condition. Fractured skull, concussion, bleeding etc...Apparently he's stable but still not out of the woods. Hate to see stuff like that happen but the OHL suspended the kid who hit him for the rest of the year and playoffs. It sucks seeing stuff like this, but this is not a suspendable offense in my opinion.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
LOL, I loved Marty... but the Hawks ABSOLUTELY made the right move. Hossa = Havlat + defense - injuries (yes I know he's injured right now).

I agree 100%. I still bet Hossa plays more games than Havlat does over the course of Havlats contract, even being spotted the two months on IR for Marian.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)

Last week in the OHL some kid was laid out. Kid who got hit sent to hospital in critical condition. Fractured skull, concussion, bleeding etc...Apparently he's stable but still not out of the woods. Hate to see stuff like that happen but the OHL suspended the kid who hit him for the rest of the year and playoffs. It sucks seeing stuff like this, but this is not a suspendable offense in my opinion.

The cleanliness of the hit is debatable. It doesn't appear that the Checkor was lining up the Checkee specifically so its difficult to say if this warrants a charging penalty. However, he was absolutely flying going around the net and I'm guessing (not knowing the context of the game) that he may have been looking for some big contact, judging by the speed he was going. Its unfortunate, but this is hockey and sometimes people can get severely hurt. . . anyone who has played the game knows the risks they are taking. Still, f*** . . . what a vicious hit and I hope that kid is alright.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)

That's MADNESS. It's a f***ing hockey game, and it could be argued it was a clean hit (no elbow, perhaps it was a charge). That's a 2 minute minor, not a suspension!