Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 12:59 PM)
I find it completly acceptable to boo Ryne Sandberg at a Hawks game if I do not like him. I find absolutly no reason for him to be there unless he is from Toronto or something.

The Marketing for this Hawks is getting a little out there. JR heritage night? In a couple of years that would be cool.

Its kind of strange that he was there, but whatever. Marketing people should know better, especially since most good Hawks fans are also Sox fans. If you want the crowd to cheer no matter what, get some big boobed broad out there in a skirt, works every time.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:55 AM)
Wow, all three before the road trip? That will be a fun press conference.

Hawk fans, enjoy this season. 2011 is going to be rough.

Lol, first it was 2010 being rough now 2011 Tony? Will it ever end? :P

I hope we resign Hjalmarsson too. Few friends of mine who watch alot of hockey (for a long time might I add) said he's probably been the best defensemen THIS SEASON for the Hawks overall. (though a couple said second to Seabrook) Should be interesting to see who will probably be gone after this year..

Other Hawks who will be free agents next season are Andrew Ladd, Ben Eager, Adam Burish, John Madden, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Antti Niemi and Colin Fraser.

OT: BTW at Seabrook's charity event it pains me to see Kane rocking a Cubs hat, though Duncan Keith's Sox hat made it more easier to stomach. Though it coulda been just politics in the city. :D I think I remember in an interview Keith preferring the white sox anyways.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
I really hope there's money left for Hjalmarsson.

He's been terrific so far this year and only seems to be getting better.

I'd let Barker go before Hammer, for sure.

Me too. We are going to have to expect some turnover of the role players outside of what the org deems the "core"