Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 02:27 AM)
I love when they match up versus Vancouver. Seems like every game those two teams play, it gets 3X more exciting to watch. I wonder how some of our guys will respond after that Mitchell hit on Toews.

They were doing a lot of talking about it in the Trib this morning. You can bet someone is going to take a run at him.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Yeah, Patrick Kane is really good at hockey. His 9 game point streak now is the 2nd longest currently. He's on pace for something like 32+ goals and 52+ assists.

The only question about Kaner is his ability to stay healthy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
I don't know about staying healthy, but he plays much stronger this year.

I am LOVING watching him push through checks along the boards.

He was regularly plastered along the boards against the Wings last postseason, so he must've taken it to heart when he started his offseason workouts.

Antti Niemi was just amazing. I hope Hawks management would stop signing these FA and just stick with in house guys from now on. It seems that its really backfired (minus Madden) or destroyed their cap flexibility. Guys like Campbell, Sopel, Kopesky, Huet, (though he's been good this year) etc.. I would think guys like Beach, Aliu, Pepin, Bickell, etc.. are pretty good and cheap.

Edited by SoxAce

Major props to Niemi tonight, he flat out stole that victory, and kept our momentum going.

Right now our goaltender situation is really looking pretty good, and Niemi is fastly becoming one of the better backstops in the NHL.

Well done to Bickell for getting his 1st of the season and the game-winner also.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)
It just hit me that the Blackhawks beat the Canucks tonight thanks to Bickell and Niemi. That's legit...

Well, Bickell can thank Kane and Campbell for his goal, but still your point is valid.

The biggest point from last night is the fact that the Hawks won 1-0 with their backup goaltender in and the team was obviously exhausted. Awesome s***.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
What a great game. This team is just on fire right now. Too bad Detroit is just as hot.

They just lost Kronwall for 8 weeks. Hopefully they slow down a little bit with 4 of their forwards out. I doubt it, but I can hope.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
They just lost Kronwall for 8 weeks. Hopefully they slow down a little bit with 4 of their forwards out. I doubt it, but I can hope.

At some point it has to become too much.....doesn't it?

Or do Zetterberg, Osgood and Datsyuk all have to go on the DL to derail them?