Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it just me, or does anyone else really hate the Canucks? I think they all come off as a bunch of stuck-ups and crybabies. Maybe it's just because of the playoff series last year, but I love whenever we play them and get a chance to kick their ass. I mean they can never just accept that they lost.

"They had nothing all night, then get a cheesy one in the third," visibly frustrated Canucks forward Ryan Kesler said. "It hits a couple legs and goes right on (Bickell's) tape for a tap-in from the blue. It's frustrating. I definitely thought we should have won this one tonight. We dominated the game."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/teams/re...2&sport=nhl

Edited by NIUSox

The dude is frustrated. Wow, man, your dominated a team that's been playing a western Canada road trip, and was playing it's 3rd game in 4 nights! This was the second game of back-to-backs! Meanwhile, you guys only played 2 games in the last 8 days! YOU SHOULD HAVE DOMINATED.

But you lost... like a bunch of b****es.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
The dude is frustrated. Wow, man, your dominated a team that's been playing a western Canada road trip, and was playing it's 3rd game in 4 nights! This was the second game of back-to-backs! Meanwhile, you guys only played 2 games in the last 8 days! YOU SHOULD HAVE DOMINATED.

Bingo! The problem is...Niemi was fresh (and probably rusty) but completely stoned the 'nucks. It was beautiful to see. The 'nucks had some great scoring chances, but they were outplayed. Sorry Kesler...suck it (up).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)

Bingo! The problem is...Niemi was fresh (and probably rusty) but completely stoned the 'nucks. It was beautiful to see. The 'nucks had some great scoring chances, but they were outplayed. Sorry Kesler...suck it (up).

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:18 PM)
Bickell sent down to Rockford, Hossa is officially back. http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=507150

Also, according to TSN's Darren Dreger: "Hawks have presented the Leafs and other teams with different trad options. Sopel and a prospect, or Sopel and draft pick. Stay tuned."

I'd absolutely be stoked to be rid of Sopel. I'm not a fan. I doubt anyone bites though.

While I think the signings of Hossa (for firepower and playmaking) and Kopecky (just to weaken the Dead Wings) were good signings and all...John Madden has been better than advertised and I think if the 'hawks win the cup, it's going to be because of his ability to win faceoffs and just being (sorry in advance) grindy. I love the way he plays and think he wins the Dave Wannstedt Missing Piece Award for the 'hawks!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
John Madden has been better than advertised and I think if the 'hawks win the cup, it's going to be because of his ability to win faceoffs and just being (sorry in advance) grindy.

I think he's been as good as advertised. You don't win a Selke Award and finish 2nd in voting 4 other times without being a huge contributor. I said it this off-season that his signing may have been as big as Hossa's. He's the exact calming influence who can kill penalties that this team needed. I'm glad to see others are noticing this.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Sopel gets killed by his lack of speed...the man is a statue out there...I said b4 I wouldn't be shocked to see them try to deal Sopel.

He's just not good, he's slow, cant handle the puck and brings nothing of value to the table.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
I think he's been as good as advertised. You don't win a Selke Award and finish 2nd in voting 4 other times without being a huge contributor. I said it this off-season that his signing may have been as big as Hossa's. He's the exact calming influence who can kill penalties that this team needed. I'm glad to see others are noticing this.

This team has had trouble winning faceoffs for years and Madden has always been real good in that category. In fact, I think Pat Foley said something about winning 2/3rds of his faceoffs in the last few games. Can't remember the timeframe he gave. That's gonna be a great influence on the rest of the young centers.

IMO, Sopel is actually playing well above expectations. However, those expectations weren't very high. Rumors are swirling that it'd be Sopel and a 2nd round pick for pretty much nothing.

In that case, I'd rather deal Barker as he'd bring back more. I've heard possibly Barker to Carolina for Cullen AND Corvo.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
IMO, Sopel is actually playing well above expectations. However, those expectations weren't very high. Rumors are swirling that it'd be Sopel and a 2nd round pick for pretty much nothing.

In that case, I'd rather deal Barker as he'd bring back more. I've heard possibly Barker to Carolina for Cullen AND Corvo.

ESPN Insider (insert grain of salt here) is reporting Barker to Toronto. Many names bandied about for Toronto including Jason Blake and Garnet Exelby. But, that might just be people they WANT to get rid of....

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
ESPN Insider (insert grain of salt here) is reporting Barker to Toronto. Many names bandied about for Toronto including Jason Blake and Garnet Exelby. But, that might just be people they WANT to get rid of....

I wonder if Toronto would deal a 1st for Barket, but IIRC they gave up one for Phil Kessell.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)

I think Barker would go if they couldn't punt Sopel.