Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
That would be a mistake to deal Sharp.

Definitely, if they dealt him, I'd have to buy a new jersey to wear to games.

I also heard Versteeg is a possibility to be traded too. If the salary cap is preventing them from signing the extensions with the big 3, just agree to the terms, shake hands, and sign them in the offseason, so you can keep this team together.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:09 PM)
Definitely, if they dealt him, I'd have to buy a new jersey to wear to games.

I also heard Versteeg is a possibility to be traded too. If the salary cap is preventing them from signing the extensions with the big 3, just agree to the terms, shake hands, and sign them in the offseason, so you can keep this team together.

If it was between Steeger and Sharp I deal Versteeg. I personally like Sharp more for his versatility, penalty killing and being solid at C as well as wing. Losing either would suck big time though. Getting rid of Sopel and Campbell would be a dream scenario.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
That would be a mistake to deal Sharp.

I keep hearing that it is more Mcdonough inquiring because Sharp (and Versteeg) was one of Tallon's prized acquisitions and the fact that they both didn't like each other (in order for Mcdonough/Bowman to more or less put their "acquired" guys on the ice) though I'm not sure if that is correct.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
I keep hearing that it is more Mcdonough inquiring because Sharp (and Versteeg) was one of Tallon's prized acquisitions and the fact that they both didn't like each other (in order for Mcdonough/Bowman to more or less put their "acquired" guys on the ice) though I'm not sure if that is correct.

I can;t see the Hawks taking apart their second line, unless they know some of the Rockford guys can put up 50 points.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)

I'm not sure that makes much sense. I think McDonough and Bowman are trying to win a Cup and they feel that they have a better chance to conistently play for the Cup with Kane, Toews, and Keith on the team rather than letting one of them go so they can keep Versteeg, Sharp or Barker. This is sound theory because they are keeping the three superior players and choosing to let some of the bit-players go. I love Sharp, but I'd rather have Hossa, Kane, Toews or Keith. Campbell or Huet on the otherhand . . .

I know what you're saying, Murcie, but I'd rather they deal a few "lesser pieces" for picks and keep Sharp if at all possible. Sharp gives them good secondary scoring depth and serves as quality insurance in case of injuries to the "top guys". I just think it's easier to replace guys like Sopel, Byfuglien, or even Barker and Versteeg with prospects than a proven NHL scorer like Sharp.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
I know what you're saying, Murcie, but I'd rather they deal a few "lesser pieces" for picks and keep Sharp if at all possible. Sharp gives them good secondary scoring depth and serves as quality insurance in case of injuries to the "top guys". I just think it's easier to replace guys like Sopel, Byfuglien, or even Barker and Versteeg with prospects than a proven NHL scorer like Sharp.

Oh absolutely, I completely agree with you. I think Sharp helps a team like the Hawks win a Cup. Sharp shows up in big games and I think he is one of the leaders on this team. I would trade Steeger, Sopel, Byfuglien, over Sharp any day (maybe not Barker). If you can swing a trade for one of those guys first you do it, however, at the end of the day you do what you gotta do to keep Keith, Kane and Toews.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
This is easily the most anticipated game of the season for me. The game doesn't start for 12 hours, but all I can think about is Kane-Toews-Hossa. That my friend, is the stuff that dreams are made of.

9:00 start on a nice party night...or for us older folks sitting at home with everyone in bed and an ice cold 12 pack.........good to have hockey back in town

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Just wanted to thank you guys. I had to go to a party with a bunch of hockey fans this weekend and I get 99% of my hockey exposure from this thread. Thanks for making me look like I knew what was going on.

No prob, son.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
What if you package Sharp and Campbell? I know that is a lot of cash but that is still pretty good talent especially for a team that has the cap room.

What team out there has over $10 million in cap space, and it is fiscally able to take on that kind of money?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
So HOssa debuts tonight, and they don't drop the puck until after 9:30... I hate the circus trip.

could be worse, a nine-thirty puck drop is 1230 in brazil. Assuming by 930 you meant central.