Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
God Damn was Huet amazing in that shootout. Too bad it took 11 rounds for a defenseman to end it. Nothing better than seeing Mason lose it afterwards after he kept taunting the Hawks bench when he would make a save.

If you go 9/11 as a goalie in a shootout you can talk a little trash. Especially when Ladd loses the f***ing puck in the corner before crossing the blueline.

I actually think the BlueJackets outplayed us in this game, they were more physical team. Despite giving up a softie, Huet was the difference in this game. Wow, feels weird to say that, my Huet hate is softening for the time being.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
If you go 9/11 as a goalie in a shootout you can talk a little trash. Especially when Ladd loses the f***ing puck in the corner before crossing the blueline.

I actually think the BlueJackets outplayed us in this game, they were more physical team. Despite giving up a softie, Huet was the difference in this game. Wow, feels weird to say that, my Huet hate is softening for the time being.

But not as much as when you go 10/11 :headbang

Anyways, yeah I wasn't really impressed with the effort tonight. For whatever reason, there is just something about the BJ's that the Hawks have problems with.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
God Damn was Huet amazing in that shootout. Too bad it took 11 rounds for a defenseman to end it. Nothing better than seeing Mason lose it afterwards after he kept taunting the Hawks bench when he would make a save.

Nice little hissy fit at the end there, and I hope the Hawks and their fans don't forget that when they face him again in the future.

Was actually able to watch the game as we get 3 of Versus' games down here on cable TV. Agree with Murcie that the Hawks were probably lucky, but our power play was very good (Hossa looks like he'll really help there), and our PK was solid again especially in that 3rd period.

Nice to see Campbell actually throw his weight around a little for once also.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I was giddy when Hossa sniped that wrister past Mason in the shootout. I look forward to watching these guys play together.

That wrister was beyond sick. I was an absolute bullet! I don't think that there is a goalie alive who would have made that save, it was a world-class play made by a world-class player.

It is so much fun to believe(and justifiably so) that your team may win the Stanley Cup. This is what RedWings fans must have felt like for the past 15 years or Avalanche Fans during the Sakic, Forsberg, Roy era.

Enjoy this Hawks fans, we've been through the s*** and it is finally our time.

I don't think he was taunting the Hawks bench. I think he was b****ing at his own guys to get a damn goal for him.

I heard on Versus that he took heat from the coach after letting in 3-for-3 the last time he was in a shootout, so I think he was gesturing as if to say "I'm making the saves, score a god-damned goal".

If you noticed, he didn't acknowledge his teammates patting him on the back after his temper tantrum by the bench. I think he was pissed at them for not getting him the win.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 12:11 AM)
I don't think he was taunting the Hawks bench. I think he was b****ing at his own guys to get a damn goal for him.

I heard on Versus that he took heat from the coach after letting in 3-for-3 the last time he was in a shootout, so I think he was gesturing as if to say "I'm making the saves, score a god-damned goal".

If you noticed, he didn't acknowledge his teammates patting him on the back after his temper tantrum by the bench. I think he was pissed at them for not getting him the win.

Either way, still hilarious watching him throw a tantrum.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Without Franzen, CBJ are the second best team in the Central. I like their team and I think they will be able to make themselves better at the deadline.

They were very...unimpressive tonight. They are a different team with Nash on the ice, but when he's not out there, they aren't very skilled. They didn't generate a whole lot of good scoring chances.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
bad time to take a penalty... that was f***ing dive.

That was the definition of a hook.

He wasn't taunting the Hawks bench the whole shootout. Afterwards he was mad that after all he stopped, he let that weak one in. That and his team not finishing off anything - minus Voracek's wrister, which was disgusting.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)

You may be correct, the announcers seemed to think he was barking at the Hawks bench... but it seems more likely he was yelping at his own team. Mason is 0-4 in shootouts and has struggled for the better part of the year (not nearly as impressive as his ROY campaign) he may have just been getting some frustration off his chest.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 12:54 AM)
That was the definition of a hook.

It was still a weak ass call. Toews barely had a grip on the stick, and the CBJ player basically grabbed a hold of his stick with his arm, ripped it down, and then fell on his ass. Even the announcers on Versus were saying it was BS and at the least, it should have been minors on both for hooking and for unsportsmanlike with the dive. Ya, he got sloppy and got that stick up into the midsection, but come on, it's not his fault the guy grabbed his stick and faked a hook.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)

If he was b****ing at his guys, he needs a quick trip to the minors for the show he put on. He was showing up his teammates in front of the other team and a national audience. I'd rather see him taunting the team than showing up his own guys.