Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 01:47 AM)
It was still a weak ass call. Toews barely had a grip on the stick, and the CBJ player basically grabbed a hold of his stick with his arm, ripped it down, and then fell on his ass. Even the announcers on Versus were saying it was BS and at the least, it should have been minors on both for hooking and for unsportsmanlike with the dive. Ya, he got sloppy and got that stick up into the midsection, but come on, it's not his fault the guy grabbed his stick and faked a hook.

I agree that the guy latched onto his stick and went down.

I do get a chuckle out of the dive rule. To me, if the refs rule that the "victim" took a dive, the "offender" shouldn't get penalized at all. To have both guys sit is the ultimate in non-officiating.

"Uhhhmmm.....you kind of hooked him....but he faked it......you both sit down!"

:lolhitting

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
I agree that the guy latched onto his stick and went down.

I do get a chuckle out of the dive rule. To me, if the refs rule that the "victim" took a dive, the "offender" shouldn't get penalized at all. To have both guys sit is the ultimate in non-officiating.

"Uhhhmmm.....you kind of hooked him....but he faked it......you both sit down!"

:lolhitting

No, there are times where they are certainly correct to call both. Enough of a trip or hook where you are going to call it. Then the guy decides to embellish even more to make sure he gets the call. You take both. It makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is that they never call a dive without a trip or hook. If you called that one alone sometimes, you'd stop diving altogether. As of now, diving is a no-lose proposition.

That's the problem with the whole diving/hooking/tripping call.

Suntimes

Press conference tomorrow, actually.

Keith will reportedly sign for more years at slightly less money per season -- 13 seasons for $72 million.

Those figures would make Keith the best-paid player in franchise history. Marian Hossa is in the first year of a 12-year contract that’ll pay him $62.8 million.

Edited by G&T

This was from the Bleacher Report (hence don't really trust the source, but still);

While it is common knowledge that Leafs GM Brian Burke has had discussions about acquiring Brent Sopel and his $2.33 million annual salary, the savy manager is also interested in obtaining Patrick Sharp and his $3.9 million per year as well.

This has thrown a wrench in the trade plans, though Hawks GM Stan Bowman knows Sharp will most certainly have to be dealt as he is a player that has attracted the most interest from clubs.

Press Conference is being streamed at chicagoblackhawks.com and is being carried on ESPN Radio.

The marketing is so cheesy, but you have to love it. They opened with a video montage of the great things Kane, Toews and Keith have done already (tongue in cheek).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
I loved Kaner calling Toews "Captain Serious"

And saying he's glad he doesn't have to sit next to him. That was classic. This team should be good for the next 5 years (if the organ-I-zation can develop some of that talent in the minors).

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
And saying he's glad he doesn't have to sit next to him. That was classic. This team should be good for the next 5 years (if the organ-I-zation can develop some of that talent in the minors).

I'm glad I am not the only one who enjoys a good Canadian accent... What's that all aboot?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
Seen Ozzie is at the Hawks game!! Not to mention sweet goal by Toews!

Those (and the hot brunette who shot the puck today after the 2nd intermission) are probably the only good things that came out of that game today. BTW, a friend who was at the game, said when they showed him on the jumbo-tron, Sox fans cheered and of course Cubs fans booed, so Ozzie did what A.J. did and showed off his World Series ring. They showed him again with a Blackhawks sweater later and everyone cheered that time.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
Those (and the hot brunette who shot the puck today after the 2nd intermission) are probably the only good things that came out of that game today. BTW, a friend who was at the game, said when they showed him on the jumbo-tron, Sox fans cheered and of course Cubs fans booed, so Ozzie did what A.J. did and showed off his World Series ring. They showed him again with a Blackhawks sweater later and everyone cheered that time.

thats exactly what happened, flashing the ring was awesome. They also played Go Go White Sox the first time they showed him.

Crosby is out tonight with a nagging groin injury. Kind of a bummer, would like to see how they matchup against the champs at 100%