Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SockMe @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
I think I stopped breathing during overtime, then again maybe it was just the announcers lol

Usually on a National broadcast, the announcers defer to the team with the better record, but those mouth-breathers were rooting for Detroit the whole game.

Listen to how they called the fight between Eaves and Versteeg, listen to how they called the goals for Detroit compared to the Blackhawks.

And I only have Internet, where the radio stream is about :30 behind the video, which means I can't do what I did as a kid and listen to the radio with the TV sound off.

But yes, it was a great game.

Best thing of all? If you ask me, I think we've found our big-game goalie.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE (Drew @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Usually on a National broadcast, the announcers defer to the team with the better record, but those mouth-breathers were rooting for Detroit the whole game.

Listen to how they called the fight between Eaves and Versteeg, listen to how they called the goals for Detroit compared to the Blackhawks.

And I only have Internet, where the radio stream is about :30 behind the video, which means I can't do what I did as a kid and listen to the radio with the TV sound off.

It's no secret how much of a blowhard Pierre Maguire is toward Detroit.

I do have to say that both of the Detroit SO goals were just awesome moves.

is it just me or did Versteeg win the fight?? The way the announcers talked they talked like Eaves won and i was wondering if they saw the same fight. That pissed me off

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
is it just me or did Versteeg win the fight?? The way the announcers talked they talked like Eaves won and i was wondering if they saw the same fight. That pissed me off

I would give a slight edge to Versteeg as Eaves was cut and Versteeg took him down. Though you can also say it was a draw.