Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
You need to give Niemi a tryout... start 9 of 12 and see how the stats look after that.

I'm The Critic, and I endorse this message!

The way Niemi's been playing, he deserves an extended look to find out if he's a #1 goalie yet.

If that means you pass the deadline without acquiring a goalie, so be it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question. . . Is it too soon to have a Tony Amonte heritage night? I'd like to see the team bring him back into the fold, he was the hawks best player (and the face of the franchise) from the time Roenick left until the he left the team.

edit: son of a b****

On January 21, 2009, the Chicago Blackhawks celebrated Tony Amonte Heritage Night at the United Center. They awarded the first 10,000 fans with special commemorative Tony Amonte pins.

Well. . . I still love you Tony Amonte.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Niemi was decent enough tonight to warrant a third straight start. Nice to see Steeger bury that s***.

Sopel actually looked to have worth killing penalties tonight.

Any thoughts on Turco's performance tonight? He looked pretty good for an old man. . . I wonder if he has any juice left in the tank for one last cup run.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
Any thoughts on Turco's performance tonight? He looked pretty good for an old man. . . I wonder if he has any juice left in the tank for one last cup run.

Marty Turco seems like he is 50 because I saw him for years playing in the minors before he ever got to Dallas. God I can't believe I still hate him :bang

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
Are the minutes played catching up to Seabrook and Keith? They are going to play a ton in the olympics which will not help.

The scheduling for the Olypmics kinda sucks. The gold medal game is Sunday Feb. 28. The Hawks then have a road game Tuesday night in Long Island, followed by a home game Wednesday night. Assuming Canada makes the final, after all the post-game celebrations and what not, they have to fly red eye cross country, then have back-to-back games the next day.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
Turco is playing like s*** this year. Lehtonen would have been nice.

Sounded as if Dallas gave up their top prospect and a pick for him.

Don't know if Bowman would have been willing to pay that price.

Turco's a UFA at the end of the season also right?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
Sounded as if Dallas gave up their top prospect and a pick for him.

Don't know if Bowman would have been willing to pay that price.

Turco's a UFA at the end of the season also right?

Yes he is.

The Hawks can't trade too many prospects at this point because they need guys for when their middle level stars get too expensive and they have to rebuild the bottom of the roster.

I did find this interesting... Could Cam Barker be a fit?

http://stayclassy.net/tag/marty-turco/

There are loads of rumours circulating the Washington Capitals and their desire to add a quality defenseman. No idea how accurate the rumours are, but with a number of good defenseman available, I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Capitals add another defender. The Capitals have nearly $4 Million (in cap space) to work with, according to NHLNumbers.com.

Nick Leddy... 1st round prospect (16th overall) in 2009 draft huh... and an American?! Very nice though I'm sure someone here can give a scouting report. Kim Johnsson and Hammer can pair up (the Sweeds connection) though I think it'll be him and Sopel. Johnsson is a UFA at season's end as well so this helps the cap next year and to get a prospect back for Barks.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
Nick Leddy... 1st round prospect (16th overall) in 2009 draft huh... and an American?! Very nice though I'm sure someone here can give a scouting report. Kim Johnsson and Hammer can pair up (the Sweeds connection) though I think it'll be him and Sopel. Johnsson is a UFA at season's end as well so this helps the cap next year and to get a prospect back for Barks.

Leddy's still in high school, committed to college next year. The Wiki on him says he has a good shot but often passes up the shot to try to make plays.