Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
Nick Leddy... 1st round prospect (16th overall) in 2009 draft huh... and an American?! Very nice though I'm sure someone here can give a scouting report. Kim Johnsson and Hammer can pair up (the Sweeds connection) though I think it'll be him and Sopel. Johnsson is a UFA at season's end as well so this helps the cap next year and to get a prospect back for Barks.

Wow. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I REALLY enjoyed the Olympic tournament, the Hawks play for the first time in 16 days on Tuesday, and that is a great thing as far as I'm concerned. Get to deal with John Tavares, Swiss star Mark Streit, and the New York Islanders, who seem to have sucked my entire life.

We'll also see any final moves this week, as (I think) the Olympic trade freeze was just lifted at midnight eastern time and remains so until 3 pm eastern time Wednesday, which is the trade deadline.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

There was even the rumor going around from Roenick that Huet was going to be sent back to Montreal for Jaroslav Halak.

I would love to have a Halak / Niemi tandem going forward for the next couple of seasons.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 08:03 AM)
So will we see a Vokoun move now that we are fee again?

Just saw this on the Twitter of one of the TSN columnists, Darren Dreger.

A few Vokoun rumours as we gear up for the trade deadline. Lots of Panthers available, but it doesn't sound like he's one of them.

4:31 PM Feb 27th via mobile web

I'm excited for March 3, always a lot of action goes down, even better when the Hawks are heavily involved.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
There was even the rumor going around from Roenick that Huet was going to be sent back to Montreal for Jaroslav Halak.

I would love to have a Halak / Niemi tandem going forward for the next couple of seasons.

We just have to move Huet, somehow.

Adam Jahns of the Sun Times reports the Hawks traded Joe Fallon to the Blues for Danny Richmond and Hannu Toivonen. Darryl Boyle might also be going to the Blues.

“Hannu & Danny will add great depth to our Rockford team & will have an immediate impact on their roster,” #Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said. Richmond and Toivonen were immediately assigned to Rockford.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Adam Jahns of the Sun Times reports the Hawks traded Joe Fallon to the Blues for Danny Richmond and Hannu Toivonen. Darryl Boyle might also be going to the Blues.

“Hannu & Danny will add great depth to our Rockford team & will have an immediate impact on their roster,” #Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said. Richmond and Toivonen were immediately assigned to Rockford.

Heh, I interned with Adam at the Blackhawks. Nice guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
So, was anyone else watching Kaner fly around last night backchecking and thinking "wow, if he does that for us from here on out we are set"?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw it. I don't think I've ever seen him as all over the place (for lack of a better term, and I mean that in a good way) as he was in that game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Danny Richmond is like the turd that won't flush. He keeps coming back to the organization.

I'm sure he's happier than all hell once again. A Chicago born player back on the team he grew up rooting for.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
Rumor:

Huet + to Toronto for D Finger (PoS), with supplemental deal for Vokoun to follow. This is all according to Jesse Rogers.

Why would the Leafs trade for Huet if they just traded for JS Giguere? I think Giguere is signed next season for $7 million

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
Why would the Leafs trade for Huet if they just traded for JS Giguere? I think Giguere is signed next season for $7 million

They are in full on rebuild mode and have cap space. If they can get prospects for taking on contracts, they will do it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
They are in full on rebuild mode and have cap space. If they can get prospects for taking on contracts, they will do it.

Gotcha. Well then get it done Bowman. Getting rid of Huet would be good enough, but adding Vokoun on top of that would just be outstanding. I'm excited for tomorrow, somethings gonna go down for sure.