Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
Miami Herald reports that Vokoun has been approached about waiving his no-trade clause, but no word on to who or why? Eklund says "Vokoun to either Philly or Chicago (e4)"

Chicago knows the window for winning titles might be short. They are going to do everything they can to get a goalie here this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
Chicago knows the window for winning titles might be short. They are going to do everything they can to get a goalie here this year.

Though this will probably be the BEST team, the window is not short with Kane/Toews/Keith/Hossa locked up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
Though this will probably be the BEST team, the window is not short with Kane/Toews/Keith/Hossa locked up.

Being a Sox fan, I will never think that way. We led ourselves to believe the samething after 2000 and 2005. It might not be true, but you never know.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
Being a Sox fan, I will never think that way. We led ourselves to believe the samething after 2000 and 2005. It might not be true, but you never know.

Totally, as bright as the future looks, you can never take a title chance for granted. Especially when you have the longest Cup drought in the league, 49 years. I think Bowman & Co. definitely realize it and doing what they can to get it this year.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Good. Wolves games just became more enjoyable for me again.

Ugly player in an ugly uniform. Suits him perfectly.

Don't hold your breath... the Thrashers are the parent club of the Wolves, and he's been re-assigned so he's not done yet.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)

I agree with you but the olympics kind of showed me that these guys are really good not cub promo good or White Sox if everything goes right good. Hockey players seem to keep their talent if they stay healthy and it is more predictable than baseball or football.

Nick Boynton to the Blackhawks!

I love Nick Boynton!

per Pagnotta's Twitter

ducks trade nick boynton to Chicago for future considerations

He's been assigned to Rockford so his contract (2.95 mill) won't hurt us, I guess the Hawks really plan to be movers tomorrow.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Nick Boynton to the Blackhawks!

I love Nick Boynton!

per Pagnotta's Twitter

He's been assigned to Rockford so his contract (2.95 mill) won't hurt us, I guess the Hawks really plan to be movers tomorrow.

Yeah, but if they need to clear salary to bring Boynton up, would they still be able to get a top-flight goalie?

It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow.

TFP

March 3, 2010 // 1:34am ET

Blackhawks trying to replace Huet

TheFourthPeriod.com

According to several published reports, the Blackhawks are feverishly trying to obtain another starting goaltender before today's 3pm ET trade deadline.

The Hawks have been continuously linked to Florida Panthers netminder Tomas Vokoun, who appears willing to waive his no-trade clause, but was not approached yesterday by Panthers management about it.

Citing multiple sources, the Chicago Daily Herald claims the Hawks have been trying to trade Cristobal Huet and his $5.625 million salary cap hit.

One rumor making the rounds late Tuesday involved Huet being dealt to the New York Islanders, Vokoun heading to Chicago, and Isles netminder Dwayne Roloson ending up in Florida, with more players believed to be involved.

The Islanders are reportedly willing to take on salary, prompting speculation that Huet might be a fit.

It remains unclear if the Hawks will be able to make a move between the pipes, but with the deadline quickly approaching, Chicago GM Stan Bowman is undoubtedly weighing all options.