Halladay Superthread

chisoxfan09

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
Mets just rejected a trade for Roy Halladay proposed by the jays; per MLBN

Halladay for F-mart, Tejada, Parnell, Neise

For us that's about Jordan Danks, Hudson, Richard, Dex Carter, and Nevin Griffith. With maybe Poreda thrown in near the back

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
For us that's about Danks, Hudson, Dex Carter, and Nevin Griffith. With maybe an Ely and Shirek thrown in near the back.

F-Mart is a much bigger prospect than Danks, and Parnell's at least shown some big league success.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
For us that's about Jordan Danks, Hudson, Richard, Dex Carter, and Nevin Griffith. With maybe Poreda thrown in near the back

i think you're severely undervaluing Parnell here. and Niese frankly...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
F-Mart is a much bigger prospect than Danks, and Parnell's at least shown some big league success.

Yep, i realized that pretty quickly and updated my post. Feel a bit dumb, because i know a lot about these Mets prospects, and pulled the trigger on my post to quick

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)

to hell with that.

lets just go get one of Snell/Duke or let Torres see what he has at the ML level and go get Hermida and Teahen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)

Parnell is pretty over-hyped though (ML success or not). I could easily make a case that Hudson is a better prospect than Parnell. You have a point on Fmart, but I think he's over-hyped as well with Danks being under-hyped. That said the package mentioned above is relatively close but that doesn't meant the Jays think it is. All depends on what there evaluators think.

Also, evidently Wilpon told Minaya and Manuel that there jobs are safe which is probably why Minaya didn't accept the deal. That is referring to the deal which involves Poreda as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
Also, evidently Wilpon told Minaya and Manuel that there jobs are safe which is probably why Minaya didn't accept the deal. That is referring to the deal which involves Poreda as well.

If the Mets were healthy and 1 game out I bet they make that deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
One interesting note is that the Jays weren't looking for any legit, established major league starting pitchers.

They'll take whatever the top talent is that they can get. We've known that pretty much all along, which is why everything seems to come down to Beckham for us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
One interesting note is that the Jays weren't looking for any legit, established major league starting pitchers.

With that deal it appears they were asking for the Mets #1 prospect and a guy in their top 5 prospect list.

Its a shame that Poreda has been struggling lately. Because his stock was very high last month.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
With that deal it appears they were asking for the Mets #1 prospect and a guy in their top 5 prospect list.

Its a shame that Poreda has been struggling lately. Because his stock was very high last month.

If they were calling him up as a "Showcase", that may have sort of backfired.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
If they were calling him up as a "Showcase", that may have sort of backfired.

Am i the only one who kind of wishes that Peavy deal went down now? Yea the money is absolutely NUTS! But all we had to give up was pitching prospects. Now were all worried about what it would potentially be in a Bacon'less world :(

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Am i the only one who kind of wishes that Peavy deal went down now? Yea the money is absolutely NUTS! But all we had to give up was pitching prospects. Now were all worried about what it would potentially be in a Bacon'less world :(

We still don't know who the PTBNL in that deal were, do we?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)

I don't think Poreda's stock went down because of one game. For the most part he's been pretty good and as expected, imo.