The Official 7/17 Sox Withdrawal Relief Game Thread vs. Baltimore

knightni

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thome "quietly" has a .902 OPS, higher than Konerko.

Really interesting decisions coming up with Dye and Thome in the off-season. If Dye keeps hitting the way he has, you almost HAVE to exercise his option for 2010...and if Quentin is going to be uncertain going into next year, even more of a priority for KW.

You can't see us going after someone like Vladimir Guerrero, even coming off 2-3 "down" seasons and at the back end of his career.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
but have you noticed that even when danks looks like total s***, he can still manage to keep the team in the game? This isn't the first time. His last start in minny was awful yet he nutted up and held on to give them a chance.

To be honest with you I tend to disagree with this. The reason I like Gavin more than Danks is that Gavin goes deeper into games more often and always seems to keep the team in games. I also think that is why Gavin will win more games (his ability to pitch deep). But Danks is improving consistently at getting deeper into games and he has definately battled through 5 today and will be done I'm sure.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 02:58 AM)
Thome "quietly" has a .902 OPS, higher than Konerko.

Really interesting decisions coming up with Dye and Thome in the off-season. If Dye keeps hitting the way he has, you almost HAVE to exercise his option for 2010...and if Quentin is going to be uncertain going into next year, even more of a priority for KW.

You can't see us going after someone like Vladimir Guerrero, even coming off 2-3 "down" seasons and at the back end of his career.

As much as we love Dye, his option of 11.5 million I believe is just too much in this market.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)

he's been injured alot recently right? and with quentin injured the past two seasons i wouldnt take a chance with him

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 02:59 AM)
To be honest with you I tend to disagree with this. The reason I like Gavin more than Danks is that Gavin goes deeper into games more often and always seems to keep the team in games. I also think that is why Gavin will win more games (his ability to pitch deep). But Danks is improving consistently at getting deeper into games and he has definately battled through 5 today and will be done I'm sure.

He just has to keep his mechanics consistent from inning to inning.