The Official 7/17 Sox Withdrawal Relief Game Thread vs. Baltimore

knightni

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 03:28 AM)
I assume that means its on the Dan Ryan?

Maybe 5 feet shorter than his home run in game 163? You won't see many more obvious no-doubters hit to center field.

Edited by fathom

31013 attendance for tonight....would have hoped for 32-33K, but we'll take anything in the 30's. Orioles are just not a very good team, although they are entertaining offensively.

I was thinking Melvin Mora would look nice at 3B for us, but he still has a sub 700 OPS at 3rd, although he's been much hotter recently than the overall season stats would indicate. Keep going back and forth about Chris Getz as a starter...or whether Teahen/Mora (etc.) with Beckham at 2B would be better.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I was thinking Melvin Mora would look nice at 3B for us, but he still has a sub 700 OPS at 3rd, although he's been much hotter recently than the overall season stats would indicate. Keep going back and forth about Chris Getz as a starter...or whether Teahen/Mora (etc.) with Beckham at 2B would be better.

Mora wouldnt be bad but Nix should get a shot to play everyday before we go get him

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
31013 attendance for tonight....would have hoped for 32-33K, but we'll take anything in the 30's. Orioles are just not a very good team, although they are entertaining offensively.

Mora sucks, and for what Teahen will cost, I want no part of him. Caulfield, the weather was pretty bad here around 4 PM today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
Mora sucks, and for what Teahen will cost, I want no part of him. Caulfield, the weather was pretty bad here around 4 PM today.

Maybe KW needs to hire the Chinese scientists who were trying to "control" the weather patterns west of Beijing during the Olympics last year.

Normally, we're fine when we get to June, but the weather has been so crazy even during the summer months this year.

Wonder if KW regrets not going after Andruw Jones, who's sporting an 869 OPS as of this moment???

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 03:35 AM)
Wise just punched his ticket to his couch after that I think

Who knows...after his awful performance this year, he's still ticking. There's been little mention of him being the odd man out when Quentin returns in 2015.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Who knows...after his awful performance this year, he's still ticking. There's been little mention of him being the odd man out when Quentin returns in 2015.

you havent heard the news? dwise is our future! why would u want him to go... :lolhitting

But not farther out than Borchard's?

The biggest bombs I have seen hit at USCF were by Pasqua, McGwire and Canseco.

PS: Maybe Cooper can fix Rich Hill and Felix Pie?

PS2: I think we can live with Chris Getz at a 690-710 OPS.

Edited by caulfield12