The Official 7/17 Sox Withdrawal Relief Game Thread vs. Baltimore

knightni

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 02:01 AM)
Another horrible f***ing pitch to swing at. Come on Bacon!

Those pitches had a ton of movement (from that arm angle), but yeah, probably should have realized those pitches were way inside.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)
Those pitches had a ton of movement (from that arm angle), but yeah, probably should have realized those pitches were way inside.

Ya, great run on the pitches but they started off the plate. In the count Beckham was in, not good to swing at. But he's young and has raked with RISP in his early career.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
As much as we love Dye, his option of 11.5 million I believe is just too much in this market.

It's very strange from two months ago thinking we SHOULD be thinking of ways to jettison Dye/Konerko/Thome to now wondering if it wouldn't be a better to keep 2/3 of maybe all three of them around for 2010.

Hopefully, the attendance will pick up and we'll stay in the race for the entire season so KW won't have any excuses about going after players like Hunter/Fukudome/Rowand and coming up short time after time.

It's interesting to think how good we would have been the last two years with Hunter, but that contract as he ages the next three seasons scares me a little bit. Then again, I never thought he would even put together an MVP half offensively, let alone season, in his 30's.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
It's very strange from two months ago thinking we SHOULD be thinking of ways to jettison Dye/Konerko/Thome to now wondering if it wouldn't be a better to keep 2/3 of maybe all three of them around for 2010.

Hopefully, the attendance will pick up and we'll stay in the race for the entire season so KW won't have any excuses about going after players like Hunter/Fukudome/Rowand and coming up short time after time.

It's interesting to think how good we would have been the last two years with Hunter, but that contract as he ages the next three seasons scares me a little bit. Then again, I never thought he would even put together an MVP half offensively, let alone season, in his 30's.

Konerko's not going anywhere. Dye probably won't either. I think the Sox might surprise and make a big run at Josh Hamilton or some other corner outfielder. They should, financially, be in a real good spot, despite recent quotes that say otherwise. I expect Thome to be gone.

And by keeping Konerko and Dye, you still are enabling spots for your youngsters to develop as you've essentially added a guy like Hamilton and probably have the ability to put in a Danks in the OF and groom Flowers and get him ab's behind AJ and Paulie/Dye. Viciedo spends another year in the minors.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 03:08 AM)
Konerko's not going anywhere. Dye probably won't either. I think the Sox might surprise and make a big run at Josh Hamilton or some other corner outfielder. They should, financially, be in a real good spot, despite recent quotes that say otherwise. I expect Thome to be gone.

And by keeping Konerko and Dye, you still are enabling spots for your youngsters to develop as you've essentially added a guy like Hamilton and probably have the ability to put in a Danks in the OF and groom Flowers and get him ab's behind AJ and Paulie/Dye. Viciedo spends another year in the minors.

I want nothing to do with Hamilton. I have no confidence in him to stay healthy for an entire year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
I want nothing to do with Hamilton. I have no confidence in him to stay healthy for an entire year.

That is going to be the big question. It might be the reason the Sox can afford him but it all depends on what they think of him medically. However his ability to be able to play all 3 OF positions with plus offensive abilities would be huge as I know for a fact the Sox are targeting OF bats.

Yet another reason we went out and got Pena.

Hopefully Linebrink doesn't become as unbearable to watch as MacDougal the next 2 seasons.

Double plays not turned....ground rule doubles, feels like the lead should be a bit more comfortable.

Luke Scott is very dangerous...hopefully he doesn't give them the lead here.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
Yep, really bad one.

Despite his "decent" ERA, appearances can be deceiving with Linebrink.

Obviously he's going through a dead-arm period again or is just sore-armed. Does anyone have confidence in him holding a one run lead or tie game in the 8th inning anymore?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
i feel your pain - i have to keep it for the football package. Was going to let that go too but then the Bears got Cutler.

i gotta keep the football package too gotta see the packers and keep up with the favre saga in minnesota