D. Wise gives me....

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont believe I have ripped Wise not once on here because I figure he is just one guy in the lineup that sucks and we would overcome him. But I cant see how this guy is in the majors..its pathetic..his play is pathetic...the ball he over ran and then ran into the wall was pathetic...am I spelling pathetic correctly cause it doesnt look it.

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)
yea pepto bismol...i dont think i've ever seen an OF run into the walls without catching a ball....dismal

this is the worst journeyman to play OF for the team since Rob Mackowiak.. but he still put up a .250 BA at worst, DeWayne Wise has a BA of a average NL Pitcher

That statement would hurt Mackowiaks feelings i think. Mack contributed slightly more obviously with the bat as you mentioned. But he also could play the infield as well. And he brought us Jon Link in a trade. Link at least has potential. Wise needs to pack it up.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 08:09 AM)
I'm surprised they haven't given Norris Hopper a chance yet. The Wise/BA combo is embarrassing.

I just think they are playing out the string until CQ is healthy and can play left. Podsednik will move to CF where he will be even worse than Wise (which is saying something - BA easily catches the two balls Wise crashed into the wall on and probably makes one more play). We are giving up on defense for the most part this year it seems.

If the choice is between Wise and BA in center, it should be BA any time. He's easily the best defensive centerfielder the Sox have had since Jim Landis.

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
oh man i've long forgotten about Rob
Ozzie's decision to play Wise doesn't make sense to anyone except maybe a golfer like the "Hawk". The only way I can make sense is to think that Hawk speaks to Guillen with golf terms. In this scenario Hawk tries to explain how good golfer's has a handicap to make the better golfer more equal to his golfing opponent. Starting wise levels the playing field when we play lesser opponents. Ozzie however; doesn't know when to stop and plays our Mendozzaesque player all the time. Edited by knightni

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 01:05 AM)
This is a big day for us. We've finally all reached a consensus on the suckitude of Wise. He's so bad of a player, that we can only create words to describe his performance.

Scrumtralescent?

And in regards to Wise, clearly he is one of the worst players in the majors. It seems we have at least one guy a year that fits that description and receives way too much playing time.

QUOTE (OldSmoky2 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
Timo Perez, .316 ave., .406 obp, .852 ops currently for Rojas del Aguila in the Mexican League.

Have we at long last reached this point?

:crying

Luv that pic of Smoky Burgess. I remember when he played for the Sox. There was even an article about him in a spring training edition of some baseball magazine.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
Luv that pic of Smoky Burgess. I remember when he played for the Sox. There was even an article about him in a spring training edition of some baseball magazine.

He was my first favorite Sox player when I was a kid. When Bob Elston said "Now Burgess is coming out of the dugout to pinch-hit" it usually meant the Sox still had a chance to win. And he frequently delivered.