D. Wise gives me....

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 03:42 AM)
I feel pretty good about never really jumping on Wise like some have.

Why? One play doesn't change anything, even given how amazing the play was.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
KW needs to do something about this immediately. This situation is…. I can think of a lot of hyperbolic words to use, right now, the most immediate one is outrageous.

check my sig....get's even foggier to imagine why he is on the team....his spot on the team could be used to develop a guy, or maybe used for a guy who is good at being a utility player.

Edited by onedude

Anyone else believe they're only keeping Wise around to limit the public outrage (among the baseball stupid and media) for not showing respect to the player who saved the perfect game?

At this point, with having acquired Kotsay, there is NO reason to keep Wise on the roster. Every passing day is just a mistake, and would only prove to me they're purposely extending time between last Thursday and whenever they designate Wise for assignment.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
Anyone else believe they're only keeping Wise around to limit the public outrage (among the baseball stupid and media) for not showing respect to the player who saved the perfect game?

At this point, with having acquired Kotsay, there is NO reason to keep Wise on the roster. Every passing day is just a mistake, and would only prove to me they're purposely extending time between last Thursday and whenever they designate Wise for assignment.

It started long before then.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:02 AM)

Kotsay isn't the OF he was 5 years ago.

QUOTE (Big Daddy Kool @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
Kotsay isn't the OF he was 5 years ago.

So, then Kotsay's role is as backup to Konerko.......and a backup to Wise?!

It's indefensible to keep Wise around. If we're willing to put Podsednik in CF this season, Griffey in CF last season, Mackowiak several years before, it should be obvious OF defense isn't a high priority with Guillen. Kotsay should easily eclipse Wise's offense. Wise is f***ing useless.

And please, no "he's a lefthanded bat available to pinch hit and for matchups against RHP." Who cares at this point?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
So, then Kotsay's role is as backup to Konerko.......and a backup to Wise?!

It's indefensible to keep Wise around. If we're willing to put Podsednik in CF this season, Griffey in CF last season, Mackowiak several years before, it should be obvious OF defense isn't a high priority with defense. Kotsay should easily eclipse Wise's offense. He's f***ing useless.

I just made this post in another thread, but DeWayne Wise being a s***ty defender is a myth created by Soxtalk. He really isn't that bad. And everybody should know I'm no Wise supporter.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:54 AM)
I just made this post in another thread, but DeWayne Wise being a s***ty defender is a myth created by Soxtalk. He really isn't that bad. And everybody should know I'm no Wise supporter.

I have no issues with Wise on defense. My main point was that Guillen never seemed to care about defense before, so I don't see why it should be an issue now with Kotsay; whom atleast can provide enough offense to be labeled mediocre.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
I have no issues with Wise on defense. My main point was that Guillen never seemed to care about defense before, so I don't see why it should be an issue now with Kotsay; whom atleast can provide enough offense to be labeled mediocre.

Wise isn't horrible, and he has also improved over last year. But he isn't some GG winner either, he can make some great catches, but also misreads some plays and isn't consistent.

I'd bet Kotsay, who was a very, very good defender out there just a few years ago, even in decline is probably on par overall with Wise. That remains to be seen of course, but, they should be close. And with the bat there is no contest.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)

Yeah, Ozzie threw the concept of caring about defense out the window last year by playing Griffey over Anderson. As much as I love Griffey, his offensive production was roughly equivalent to what Anderson would've done, but he played CF like an old ass man because, well, he is an old ass man now.