7/18 Sox Vs. O's on Fox

knightni

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
You sure you want to pick the Joey "The Windmill" Cora poison?

honestly I dont see much of a difference. I just thought it was funny to say because Cox sucked so bad last inning

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
I really hope Wise has some other skills to fall back on. Otherwise, retirement is going to hit him hard.

lol

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
He's hitting .327 with a .881 OPS in July.

I'd be impressed, except Getz is showing him up by hitting .375 with a .932 OPS in July.

lets just add to the mix

alexei ramirez

.389 .432 .528 .960 july

We're fortunate to be playing who we are and have Buehrle pitching so well right now because some of the stuff happening in this game, mainly within the last couple/few innings, has been absolutely inexcuseable for a team with playoff aspirations. We better win this game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
But.. But... I thought it was amazing what a bunt can do?

I think there needs to be a certain amount of trust that a professional hitter can move a runner over via a hit, a walk, or putting the ball in play.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
Pods bunting there is puzzling. I know he was trying to get a hit, but the pitcher had given up hits to 7 straight batters. Swing the bat.

I came on here to say the same thing. I don't get it either. The guy is struggling to get outs since the error. Why give him a free one? I wonder if it was Ozzie or Pods making that call. I know he was tryinig to drag it, but still.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
Buehrle has a really sick curve today

I'd say the curve has been his best pitch this year. It's interesting that along with Danks (whose change is insane) each pitcher has worked to improve their secondary stuff, despite obvious success the year prior.

Edited by Thunderbolt

I know this is kind of common to do, but can anyone just sum up in a sentence Mark Buehrle's pitching.

like: keeps hitters guessing, usually very difficult. except for the couple times a year where he has the craptasto outing.

is that accurate

Edited by Princess Dye