We love you Gordon, oh yes we do

chisoxfan09

AS much as I love Gordon and the over the top posts we've seen regarding him I now realize how special Frank Thomas was when he came up. The guy was just flat out intimidating and seemed like he could never slump. A once in a lifetime type hitter.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
AS much as I love Gordon and the over the top posts we've seen regarding him I now realize how special Frank Thomas was when he came up. The guy was just flat out intimidating and seemed like he could never slump. A once in a lifetime type hitter.

Which is why I laugh every time someone in the media tries to say they aren't sure if he's a first ballot HoF'er.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 09:55 AM)
Which is why I laugh every time someone in the media tries to say they aren't sure if he's a first ballot HoF'er.

You knew that he would crush any mediocre pitcher like the one we just saw on Sunday (2-11 with ERA over 6). The elite pitchers still would have trouble getting him out since he would so often muscle a fister over the infield.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 01:58 AM)
This is awesome. Hard to get Gordon star struck, but when your talking to the people who created your walkup song, it's pretty surreal.

"Yeah he can rake"

Tony Lewis:"Yeah he can rake, and he can hit too"

best part of that interview

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 05:15 AM)
Slayer's BA is dropping.

Does this count as his first slump or second one?

Since August 16th Beckham has been seriously atrocious at the plate. His is slumping Jermaine Dye style. Bechkam has 7 hits in his last 55 at bats for a stout .127 BA. The only difference is I think we are all a bit more willing to go through some slumps and growing pains with him as a young talented player. With the aging sluggers almost standard 2nd half fall off at this point (Dye, Thome, Konerko) it reflects more a motive to move these guys from the roster. With Beckham we just have to stick it out, plus hes not one of the main run producers anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
I don't know why a day off is always the cure all to people.

Cal Ripken says days off are overrated. But if that's the cause of his s***ty at bats, give him a couple days off.

I imagine Ripken's career numbers would have been much better had he gotten a day off here and there. He just didn't want to come out of the lineup, ever.