Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
I already sent it back to Netflix. And even if I owned it, I probably wouldn't watch it again for at least a year. That's not a knock against the movie. I just don't watch movies numerous times unless I think it's one of the greatest movies ever or a really good comedy.

Oh well. I would have been interested to hear your review after a second viewing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 08:24 AM)
I have a queue of around 100 movies on Netflix. It may take a while...

I dont know what cable package you have, but Encore has been running Life is Beautiful for the last month or so, I believe it is in the On Demand

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 08:31 AM)
I dont know what cable package you have, but Encore has been running Life is Beautiful for the last month or so, I believe it is in the On Demand

I don't think we have that, but I wouldn't watch it so soon either way. Like I said, there are hardly any movies that I would see repeatedly in such a short period of time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
Am I the only person in the world that thinks Harry Potter is lame as heck?

I havent seen not one of those movies all the way through. I probably watched about an hour of the second one.

The movies are getting better though. The last movie was pretty good, a dark movie for the Harry Potter series. IMO once people actually started dying in the storyline the movies took a big turn for the better

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)

The films are fun, always visually enjoyable. Can't hold a candle to the books.

I'm very much looking forward to the Half-Blood Prince now that it's finally out.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
The films are fun, always visually enjoyable. Can't hold a candle to the books.

I'm very much looking forward to the Half-Blood Prince now that it's finally out.

Snape kills Dumbledore!

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Harry Potter tonight, hell yes

I’m so damn psyched for this movie that I’ve considered pushing my friends to go to a midnight showing. The eight months thing killed me, I’m not a full-on Harry Potter nerd, but I’ve enjoyed the books and consider the 3rd and 5th movies to be amongst my favorites. On the opposite end, I absolutely hated the 2nd film.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
The movies are getting better though. The last movie was pretty good, a dark movie for the Harry Potter series. IMO once people actually started dying in the storyline the movies took a big turn for the better

The books get progressively darker as well, as the characters age, which makes sense.

I believe the last book will be two movies, and directed by Guillermo Del Toro. At least, that was the going rumor previously. Should be delicious.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 07:25 PM)
The books get progressively darker as well, as the characters age, which makes sense.

I believe the last book will be two movies, and directed by Guillermo Del Toro. At least, that was the going rumor previously. Should be delicious.

I have really grown to appreciate Guillermo Del Toro. Pans Labyrinth was really well done, and I really liked both Hellboy movies. Im excited to see what he does with the Hobbit prequels and if he gets to do the final Harry potter movies thats going to be really cool.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)

It needs its own thread so that retarded s*** doesnt take over this one..