Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
Saw Daybreakers last night. Not bad, not great. I thought it was kind of like From Dusk Til Dawn, except it's not funny. It gives 30 Days of a Night a run for its money.

I thought 30 Days Of Night was really good, and definitely better than Daybreakers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 04:12 AM)
I thought 30 Days Of Night was really good, and definitely better than Daybreakers.

Without a doubt 30 Days of Night was a 1000 times better than Daybreakers and thats more because Daybreakers was just an overall bad movie.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
Jackie Earle Haley confirmed as Sinestro in Green Lantern

I can see that.

Now who's going to play Pieface? Or is this going to be one of them there politically keerect movies that doesn't use derogatory terms to describe Asian sidekicks?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Jackie Earle Haley confirmed as Sinestro in Green Lantern

Where did you see that? I just looked on Variety to confirm but there's nothing there. In the Saarsgard-as-Hector Hammond article it says, he's going to play the main villain. (That doesn't mean we won't see the heroic Sinestro and he'll be the main villain in the 2nd one....)

Sorry, apparently I jumped the gun a little bit, but it seems to be a foregone conclusion

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-jackie...tro-kofi-41425/

FWIW, I think either Hugo Weaving or JEH would be a magnificent Sinestro

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
I can see that.

Now who's going to play Pieface? Or is this going to be one of them there politically keerect movies that doesn't use derogatory terms to describe Asian sidekicks?

I bet he is in it.

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Sorry, apparently I jumped the gun a little bit, but it seems to be a foregone conclusion

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-jackie...tro-kofi-41425/

FWIW, I think either Hugo Weaving or JEH would be a magnificent Sinestro

I bet he is in it.

Yeah, but they'll probably call him "Tom" or something lame like that.

:D

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Yeah, but they'll probably call him "Tom" or something lame like that.

:D

Well the guy hates his racist nickname, so why wouldnt they call him his real name? ;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Well the guy hates his racist nickname, so why wouldnt they call him his real name? ;)

You'll have to excuse me, the Green Lantern in my mind is frozen ca. 1959-1965 (complete with the big Gil Kane crease between his nose and mouth, naturally). Back then, if you were comic book Asian stereotype you were damn proud of it!

300px-Green_Lantern_Vol_2_60.jpg

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
You'll have to excuse me, the Green Lantern in my mind is frozen ca. 1959-1965 (complete with the big Gil Kane crease between his nose and mouth, naturally). Back then, if you were comic book Asian stereotype you were damn proud of it!

I was actually referring to this little remark on "Thomas Kamaku"s wiki :

Tom briefly featured in the "Secret Origin" storyline, which reworked some of the earlier parts of the Green Lantern mythos. In this new origin, Tom greatly disliked being called "Pieface" by an arrogant pilot, and was defended by Hal, who had just joined Ferris Aircraft

I never read that, but it makes sense. Its why I dont think they would call him that in the movie, although I bet a reference would be there somewhere.

BTW, a real version of the new Clash of the Titans trailer is out now on Apple and Yahoo movies. The Kraken looks badass, as does Medusa and the Harpies and the Scorpions.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)

This is the only Green Lantern in my opinion. I reject all phony Green Lanterns.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 07:30 AM)
I was actually referring to this little remark on "Thomas Kamaku"s wiki :

I never read that, but it makes sense. Its why I dont think they would call him that in the movie, although I bet a reference would be there somewhere.

BTW, a real version of the new Clash of the Titans trailer is out now on Apple and Yahoo movies. The Kraken looks badass, as does Medusa and the Harpies and the Scorpions.

ok, I admit it, the new Titans flick looks like it might be ok. :D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
This is the only Green Lantern in my opinion. I reject all phony Green Lanterns.

That Gil Kane nose-to-mouth trench is technically know as the philtrum or infranasal depression, by the way. Take that Alex Trebek.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
I just saw the trailer for the upcoming videogame to film adaptation of Tekken.

I will not stain this site with its embed code

I've seen it as well. I don't think they'll ever learn that video games can't adapt into movies.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
I've seen it as well. I don't think they'll ever learn that video games can't adapt into movies.

The Resident Evil movies, and even Max Payne a little bit, are profitable fun flicks. Everything else, ugh.

And some of it doesnt make sense, the story is built in, you just add a little dialogue. Im waiting for the horrible effort that will be the Halo movie

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)

Personally, I loved the Silent Hill adaption. Both as someone who enjoys the video game series and horror movies in general. Although this example is far from the norm.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
Personally, I loved the Silent Hill adaption. Both as someone who enjoys the video game series and horror movies in general. Although this example is far from the norm.

That was another one I had heard was a good adaptation, forgot about that.

The fighting games are a lost cause. There just isnt enough substance to do anything with them. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Dragon Ball Z, now Tekken. Crap

Another name for the Sinestro character, Mark Strong

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 01:43 AM)
That was another one I had heard was a good adaptation, forgot about that.

The fighting games are a lost cause. There just isnt enough substance to do anything with them. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Dragon Ball Z, now Tekken. Crap

Another name for the Sinestro character, Mark Strong

Dragonball Z is based on a manga/anime and there is plenty of material there to make a good movie.

Also, the Book of Eli was an absolutely horrible movie.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 02:09 AM)
Dragonball Z is based on a manga/anime and there is plenty of material there to make a good movie.

Also, the Book of Eli was an absolutely horrible movie.

Yeah, thats true, the movie still sucked ;)