Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
Well, at least the former Real World SD cast member was good eye candy in Dragonball.

So strange and sad to see a movie with two very talented performers, Emily Rossum and Chow Yun Fat, ridiculously underutilized.

I think the strange thing is that they decided to be in the movie. They had to of known after looking at the script that it was going to be ridiculously bad, and it isnt as if those two needed a payday

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Honestly, i think the Spider-man reboot is something that Joss Whedon needs to get his hands on. It's almost the perfect fit for his writing style and might get him some play with the public at large.

I think Joss Whedon is normally the type of guy who likes to direct his own work, but I agree with you I think he would make a good director for Spidey

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
I finally saw Extract and have to say I was very disappointed. I wasn't expecting another Office Space from Mike Judge, but I was expecting better than what it was.

i agree. It really dragged and could of been much funnier

I really thought he was going to be mistaken about his wife cheating on him, and the guy he hired was going to end up screwing his neighbors wife instead. The scene where he was on ecstasy was pretty hilarious though, and Ben Affleck was funny in his role

BTW, saw District 9 last night and loved it.

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Honestly, i think the Spider-man reboot is something that Joss Whedon needs to get his hands on. It's almost the perfect fit for his writing style and might get him some play with the public at large.

He needs to make more Firefly episodes first.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
I finally saw Extract and have to say I was very disappointed. I wasn't expecting another Office Space from Mike Judge, but I was expecting better than what it was.

Yea, just watched it too, kind of a letdown.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Pretty sure that ship has sailed. If anything I think he would only make another movie

I know, but I can dream, can't I?

He did work with Fox after they screwed him with Firefly to make Dollhouse. Never say never!

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
I know, but I can dream, can't I?

He did work with Fox after they screwed him with Firefly to make Dollhouse. Never say never!

All the main players are kinda busy right now succeeding at their own things. Nate Fillion has 'Castle', Adam Baldwin has 'Chuck', Morena Baccarin is the face of 'V' and Alan Tudyk made that DirecTV with Dule Hill (if they were to revisit a Firefly tv show it'd have to take place between the end of season 1 and Serenity, the current ages of the actors would make it odd (River) but Firefly without Wash would be disappointing as hell.)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
All the main players are kinda busy right now succeeding at their own things. Nate Fillion has 'Castle', Adam Baldwin has 'Chuck', Morena Baccarin is the face of 'V' and Alan Tudyk made that cell phone commercial with Dule Hill (if they were to revisit a Firefly tv show it'd have to take place between the end of season 1 and Serenity, the current ages of the actors would make it odd (River) but Firefly without Wash would be disappointing as hell.)

I think I remember reading that if they ever did more episodes/movies for the Firefly series, they'd focus on Shepard Book's earlier days or something with the bounty hunter at the end of the episodes. I agree that they'd need to include Wash in it somehow, as the show wouldn't be the same without him.

I saw Jewel Staite on SyFy (also: is there a stupider name for a channel?) late last night and did a double take. It was the first time I'd seen her in another role other than Kaylee, so I was pretty confused. It was just Stargate Alantis though :(

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
A Whedon-made Buffy film would be great.

Yep, and we already know that is exactly what is not happening.

I'd actually like to see Whedon do something along the lines of an X-Files type spooky anthology series. He could keep all the creepy atmospheric elements and all the humor of Buffy/Angel, but he could start fresh on a core group of new Scoobies for a new show.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Yep, and we already know that is exactly what is not happening.

I'd actually like to see Whedon do something along the lines of an X-Files type spooky anthology series. He could keep all the creepy atmospheric elements and all the humor of Buffy/Angel, but he could start fresh on a core group of new Scoobies for a new show.

ummmmm dollhouse?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
ummmmm dollhouse?

Not even close. Echo and the other Actives being programed with various abilities and hired out for various engagements is more of a twist on the Pretender premise than it is a take on a Scooby Gang or Mulder and Sculley solving weekly capers thing. Maybe right now Fringe is supposed to fit that mold, but I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how it compares to something Joss could pull off.

I don't ever mind Eliza Dushku though, so it's a bit of a shame at any rate if Dollhouse really is getting the axe as it sounds like it is.

Some Spiderman 4 and Spiderman Reboot talk. None of it good

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-reboot-ta...mate-rob-41876/

Ultimate: Spider-Man

At the Golden Globes red carpet last night, Director Marc Webb ((500) Days of Summer) indicated that he was a fan of the Ultimate Spider-Man Comics, a highly speculated source for the Spider-Man reboot.

In his responses about his involvement and an announcement soon, he kept the atmosphere light and played it coy.

Source: MTV

The New Peter Parker

With a new Spider-Man comes a new Peter Parker and rumors are swirling out of control with who could take the career-making role. Some even brought up Twilight star Robert Pattinson simply because he’s Twilight start Rob Pattinson. He’s too old for the role but his ripped young co-star Taylor Lautner isn’t too old. According to our buds at IESB, Spider-Man producers have met with Taylor Lautner but we do not know for what….

Spider-Man 4’s Story?

Movies Online put up a segment from NY Mag which talked about the problematic script of Spider-Man 4 and potential reason for its downfall. Here’s the snippet they pulled:

“Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him.

This patricide goes down poorly with Peter’s new fiancee, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.”

Raimi had Spidey fans in the palm of his hand after Spiderman 2 came out, I dont know what the hell happened, but he lost it. And Taylor f***ING Lautner? Count me in as disinterested