Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Sunshine is a cool flick... I discovered it like a year ago.

I thought Shutter Island was quite good.

Now that I think about it, my theater experience sort of sucked, so maybe that had something to do with me not caring for it.

I also read the book, and was hoping for a plot adjustment that never came. You honestly didn't see that conclusion coming about 1/2 way through the movie, Steve?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
I liked when the main character in District 9

jumped into the walker and killed all of the african militants. That was my "Awww s***, he is going postal now" moment.

I think I mumbled "holy f***" at the theater when watching that scene.

When he escaped from the hospital before they harvested his body, it made me think of all of the movies I've seen where the protagonist allows people to live that would have otherwise killed him. I understand he was flipping out and just trying to escape, but I'm pretty sure I'd at least try to kill every last one of them. It sounds sick, but I don't think I could just let it go so quickly if someone was going to end my life and I prevented it. Anyone else ever think that while watching a movie?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)

When he escaped from the hospital before they harvested his body, it made me think of all of the movies I've seen where the protagonist allows people to live that would have otherwise killed him. I understand he was flipping out and just trying to escape, but I'm pretty sure I'd at least try to kill every last one of them. It sounds sick, but I don't think I could just let it go so quickly if someone was going to end my life and I prevented it. Anyone else ever think that while watching a movie?

LOL. I can see where you're coming from.

I actually expected him to come back and do that Milkman, and I was surprised he didnt do it. Really though, he was a wimp, and that carried all the way until right before Christopher left, so it kind of makes sense in that respect.

Good Hair was one of the highest rated movies of the year, but I was disappointed. I was thinking it would be more comedy than documentary. It was just kinda sad at times. If I were black, I would've probably enjoyed it more

QUOTE (3E8 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
Good Hair was one of the highest rated movies of the year, but I was disappointed. I was thinking it would be more comedy than documentary. It was just kinda sad at times. If I were black, I would've probably enjoyed it more

I watched it with a white girl, she seemed to enjoy it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
As did the people I watched it with and from the boos at the end, so did the majority of the theater.

Wow. We didn't have boos.

I read the book and was really expecting they would re-work the ending. Was shocked when they didn't.