Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
I was totally not in the mood to see a sci-fi movie so I wasnt really able to enjoy District 9 as much as I should have. I would recommend it but I really couldnt wait for it to be over. I have a problem with having the need to see a certain genre of movie that I am in the mood for and if I dont I just dont get too much into the one that I go to see.

You were more in the mood for The Time Travelers wife, werent you

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
Im worried about this one. The re-shot a ton of the footage, the look of the Wolfman was completely redone.

Click the link, he doesn't appear to be redone. They went back and added more CGI, and you can tell from the trailer how they did it. I know Rick Baker is bummed about certain aspects that they changed from his work, but even he is still hopeful for the film.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Im worried about this one. The re-shot a ton of the footage, the look of the Wolfman was completely redone.

Hoping for the best for Larry Talbot in this version.

I'm glad Universal decided not to let the Jack Nicholson "Wolf" from a few years ago stand as the franchise reboot and are actually going back to the original story. Honestly though, I didn't think wolf was a bad film.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
Click the link, he doesn't appear to be redone. They went back and added more CGI, and you can tell from the trailer how they did it. I know Rick Baker is bummed about certain aspects that they changed from his work, but even he is still hopeful for the film.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/10/the...ewolf-dynamics/

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
I was totally not in the mood to see a sci-fi movie so I wasnt really able to enjoy District 9 as much as I should have. I would recommend it but I really couldnt wait for it to be over. I have a problem with having the need to see a certain genre of movie that I am in the mood for and if I dont I just dont get too much into the one that I go to see.

Did you ever have a man card to begin with?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
I read a 1-star review that ripped it to shreds.

Let me guess. Ripped it for not sticking to history? That is the main criticism I have seen.

I may see it tomorrow.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)
That video game has some solid graphics.

Oh wait, that's a movie???

Looks like dogsh*t.

The filming style(3d capture) is supposed to be revolutionary, Ridley Scott was raving about it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)
That video game has some solid graphics.

Oh wait, that's a movie???

Looks like dogsh*t.

For all the hype this movie has received from people based upon quotes (one referenced by Kyle), the estimated 300 million dollar budget, and the amount of time and effort Cameron has devoted to it, I was expecting a lot more.

I can't imagine people are watching the trailer at home or at the theaters and thinking to themselves to this is the movie I want to see. As I expected, a lot of people are complaining on the imdb boards. One person wrote a post where they said the final product is far more rendered, and this is just a preview, but what I'm thinking is, why the hell would you put out an inferior product for the trailer? As if someone thought, "let's just throw out this crappy trailer now to get everyone talking about how it looks like a cartoon"