Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
For all the hype this movie has received from people based upon quotes (one referenced by Kyle), the estimated 300 million dollar budget, and the amount of time and effort Cameron has devoted to it, I was expecting a lot more.

I can't imagine people are watching the trailer at home or at the theaters and thinking to themselves to this is the movie I want to see. As I expected, a lot of people are complaining on the imdb boards. One person wrote a post where they said the final product is far more rendered, and this is just a preview, but what I'm thinking is, why the hell would you put out an inferior product for the trailer? As if someone thought, "let's just throw out this crappy trailer now to get everyone talking about how it looks like a cartoon"

It has been happening a lot lately actually. The Incredible Hulk caught a lot of flak for releasing a trailer with incomplete CGI, and Iron Man did too. The studios get all caught up in the demand and want to put something out there to generate buzz, and this is what you get.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
Up to 89% after 137 reviews. I will definitely check it out.

I actually really wanted to see this movie when I first saw the trailers for it, but now that it's out, I have lost all desire to see it. I haven't really liked any Tarantino movies so maybe that has something to do with it, but it's strange how I no longer care to see it.

I really want to see Inglourious Basterds and District 9. I have been trying to get people to go see District 9 with me, but nobody really seems too into it. As for Inglourious Basterds, I'll be seeing that this weekend, as a lot of people want to see it...hopefully I'll see the other movie some time this week.

My last two Netflix movies were The Hustler and The Color Of Money. The Hustler was a great movie and much, much better.

Avatar trailer was really disappointing. On one hand, some of the shots looked really fantastic (the floating islands and such) but then the design is rather terrible from the sets to the aliens. It all looks like someone gave a s***ty syfy channel production an obscenely large budget and told them to remake dances with wolves. I'll probably catch it in December but there's no way I'm driving 2-3 hours to catch it on IMAX as Cameron has insisted.

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (Nixon @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Avatar trailer was really disappointing. On one hand, some of the shots looked really fantastic (the floating islands and such) but then the design is rather terrible from the sets to the aliens. It all looks like someone gave a s***ty syfy channel production an obscenely large budget and told them to remake dances with wolves. I'll probably catch it in December but there's no way I'm driving 2-3 hours to catch it on IMAX as Cameron has insisted.

I took my daughter a few months ago to see a movie called The Battle for Terra, I swear it has the exact same story. People are looking for a planet that they can terraform to save their race, and come across a peaceful humanoid race that lives in giant trees, and the people just come down to annihilate them and take over before a human decides it is all wrong.

Edited by KyYlE23

I don't believe I've ever felt a more excruciating movie experience like I did watching Miracle at St. Anna. I've watched three fourths of the movie and don't think I have it in me to finish the rest. It has to be the slowest moving war themed drama ever created. And every character on screen is annoying and worthy of dying, especially Tree.

I didn't actually go to see Inglourious Basterds like I planned because I ended up getting free tickets to yesterday's game (clearly I should've went to the movie instead). I have to see that this week.

I did watch Lawrence Of Arabia when I got home yesterday, though. You know a movie is one of the greats when you don't mind sitting through four hours of it.