Films Thread

juddling

The Book of Eli looks very interesting. Some pretty blatant religious imagery.

Per Apple.com/Trailers:

In “The Book of Eli,” Denzel Washington stars as a lone warrior named Eli, who fights his way across the desolate wasteland of near-future America to realize his destiny and deliver the knowledge that can bring civilization back from the brink of destruction and save the future of humanity.
Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
I've never heard of that book

Its one of the most well known pieces of American fiction written in recent decades. Excellent book.

Seeing the preview for Book of Eli, it looks to me like a dumbed down, action-ified coat tails film to sit on The Road.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Just grabbed it after work from Border's. :headbang

Its a hard read in places, really tugs at you. The writing is phenomenal in many ways. My personal favorite thing about his books is that, his first person writing doesn't just take the perspective within the confines of the author's grammar. He leaps past that - the writing, pacing of speech, etc. is exactly the way that character would effuse. Its a subtle difference that is hard to describe, but, its incredibly effective, and done only rarely.

Enjoy it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)
I just don't see much to like in the movie. If I had kids, I'd definitely go, but I didn't read the book as a child and can't say I'm too interested in seeing it.

How did you miss the book? It was rammed down our throats in suburban Chgo.......

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
My wife wants to go see the new Disney Christmas Carol 3D feature too.

I'm not a fan of the motion capture animation but "A Christmas Carole" is one of my favorite stories of all time. I see every version.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Me and my daughter will see Where the Wild Things Are, for absolute sure. She is pretty excited about it.

My wife wants to go see the new Disney Christmas Carol 3D feature too.

I am extremely excited about both of those movies actually. My girl is not.