Films Thread

juddling

I just watched Big Fan. Patton Oswalt did a great job in it. I think he's hilarious and I like him a lot, but his character was easily one of the most unlikeable people I have ever seen on film or TV. You usually root for a pathetic loser, but I couldn't help but root against him. And that somehow tells me that he put in a damn good performance.

The movie itself was OK to pretty good...it hasn't really sunk in enough yet to know. Very good surprise ending, though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
I just watched Big Fan. Patton Oswalt did a great job in it. I think he's hilarious and I like him a lot, but his character was easily one of the most unlikeable people I have ever seen on film or TV. You usually root for a pathetic loser, but I couldn't help but root against him. And that somehow tells me that he put in a damn good performance.

The movie itself was OK to pretty good...it hasn't really sunk in enough yet to know. Very good surprise ending, though.

Completely agree on all of the above.

Im looking forward to a few 3d movies this month with my wife and daughter, "Alice and Wonderland"(Imax 3d) and "How to Train your Dragon"

It seems like any time I go to see a movie anymore it is in 3d or Imax 3d

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Cop Out looks like an early contender for a Razzie. You'd have to pay me $30 to watch it.

Two cops that are complete opposites. Never seen that before.

I think From Paris with Love looked like a Razzie contender as well.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
I think the new Nightmare on Elm Street has a chance to be good too. Im interested to see Jackie Earle Haleys take on Freddy.

Me too. I like him and I think he'll make a good Freddy.

A few of my brother's friends went to The Crazies last night (don't ask me why they'd go see this particular movie at midnight on opening night). They said it was pretty good. Sort of one of those movies you expect to suck but ends up being all right.

I'm opening myself of for ridicule, but I got a pass to see COP OUT from work.....and....I'm sorry, but....I liked it. I thought it was funny and the story was good.

The first scene, Kevin Smith pretty much says that it is an omage to the 80's buddy cop movies and it was dead on. I see it is getting ripped in reviews but these critics are taking it too seriously. It was fun.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
I'm opening myself of for ridicule, but I got a pass to see COP OUT from work.....and....I'm sorry, but....I liked it. I thought it was funny and the story was good.

The first scene, Kevin Smith pretty much says that it is an omage to the 80's buddy cop movies and it was dead on. I see it is getting ripped in reviews but these critics are taking it too seriously. It was fun.

I want to see it as well. For whatever reason, Tracy Morgan just makes me giggle.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)

I laughed my ass off. I think I was just in a goofy mood but Tracey Morgan makes me laugh even when he isnt telling a joke.