Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 07:28 AM)
If you think about it, its kind of surprising that Hollywood didnt go after Oz earlier than this. There was the one(bad) sequel, the books and theatre production of Wicked, and thats it. Given the characters in Oz and the fantastic dreamworld that Oz is, its interesting that it hasnt been tried before.

Some of the television adaptations have been pretty bad, but on the whole I agree. And I thought the Wicked novel was brilliant, though McGuire (sp?) sort of kept going back to the same well after that with the Ugly Stepsisters, Son of a Witch, etc.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 07:18 AM)
Some of the television adaptations have been pretty bad, but on the whole I agree. And I thought the Wicked novel was brilliant, though McGuire (sp?) sort of kept going back to the same well after that with the Ugly Stepsisters, Son of a Witch, etc.

I got the wife tickets to the Chicago production and it was pretty solid. The storyline was great, and the acting was well, broadway-esque.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 03:43 AM)
It's just the whole "I lost the love of my life and now I am broken" has been done so many times that i am not that interested to be honest. If its a short film, I would probably check it out though.

okay, my internet isnt good enough to see the trailer. BUt yeah, i saw an awesome short film called the tin man last year that i really loved.

edit: okay saw it. It appears its the same movie...um, but i think he remade the short film i saw last year? i need to do some research, this looked a lot shinier.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
I loved Shutter Island

I liked it too but the ending was predictable from the previews.. I pretty much knew that's how it would end before I saw it..

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
I liked it too but the ending was predictable from the previews.. I pretty much knew that's how it would end before I saw it..

I agree, thats why I thought if they could have found a way to somehow twist it back the other way in the very end it would have been great.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
I agree, thats why I thought if they could have found a way to somehow twist it back the other way in the very end it would have been great.

I haven't even see it yet and I'm pretty sure I know how it is going to end, I hate movies that show too much in the previews.

Greenzone for example, Matt Damon is searching for someone and the stupid previews shows who it is, do they not understand we like a little suspense?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
I recently watched Inherit The Wind. I'm really getting into these older movies, and I'd have to say that Spencer Tracy is my favorite non-current actor.

Try Humphrey Bogart.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
I recently watched Inherit The Wind. I'm really getting into these older movies, and I'd have to say that Spencer Tracy is my favorite non-current actor.

Cool. Mine is Fred Astaire.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
I haven't even see it yet and I'm pretty sure I know how it is going to end, I hate movies that show too much in the previews.

Greenzone for example, Matt Damon is searching for someone and the stupid previews shows who it is, do they not understand we like a little suspense?

I wouldn't even say that they showed too much in the previews for Shutter Island, you could just literally see the preview and conclude for yourself the probable ending.. it was just predictable

But I agree with you that they do show way too much in the previews, like Quarantine where the ending for the movie was EXACTLY the same as the cut for the trailer..

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
I wouldn't even say that they showed too much in the previews for Shutter Island, you could just literally see the preview and conclude for yourself the probable ending.. it was just predictable

But I agree with you that they do show way too much in the previews, like Quarantine where the ending for the movie was EXACTLY the same as the cut for the trailer..

Quarantine had to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen, ended when it was starting to get good.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)
Quarantine had to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen, ended when it was starting to get good.

I didn't think it was that bad but then again I had zero expectations like every other horror film. And I never saw any trailers for it.

Alice in Wonderland was very cool, I took my daughter and neices and saw it in Imax 3d.

At this moment though, all I can think about was how badass the trailer for Tron Legacy was. I can not wait for that movie

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
My friends always mock me because I like watching the Oscars beginning to end. I always look forward to it.

Felt like watching Rain Man today for some reason.

That is because Brian likes counting cards......counting cards.....