Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
All true, except that ALSO, some books have too much going on to really fit into a normal length movie. Any of Clancy's books come to mind, only one of which was made into a decent film (Red October), and that still was missing huge plot lines, major characters, etc.

Well, the 'normal length movie' came from 'research' via Hollywood. People sat through the Lord of the Rings movies just fine. I tend to believe less that 1.5 hours is the cut-off for the regular movie-goers attention span and more that the business side, again, doesn't want to pony up the extra budget money, and/or that there just isn't enough directing talent out there to make a good 3, 4, 5 hour movie that people won't mind sitting through. But certainly, it is possibly to alter storylines and characters and walk away with something nice.

Edited by BobDylan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Please go away, Tim Burton.

When was the last time he has directed something original? Big Fish in 2003 which I really liked than you have to go to Mars Attacks in 96. Not counting animation.

His Willy Wonka adaptation was bad as was Planet of the Apes. That said, I will be seeing Alice.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
"The Hurt Locker" is the movie of the year and I doubt I will see anything better in the next 4 months.

I'm with you, that movie was really good and i like the "cameo" roles by Guy Pierce, David Morse, Ralph Fiennes, and Evangaline Lilly. Kinda have high hopes for The Road, but I think I'll be disappointed. Moon looks good as well.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
I'm with you, that movie was really good and i like the "cameo" roles by Guy Pierce, David Morse, Ralph Fiennes, and Evangaline Lilly. Kinda have high hopes for The Road, but I think I'll be disappointed. Moon looks good as well.

I missed Fiennes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
"The Hurt Locker" is the movie of the year and I doubt I will see anything better in the next 4 months.

:headbang

It didnt take you too long to get to see it. I dont know what you were b****in about.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
:headbang

It didnt take you too long to get to see it. I dont know what you were b****in about.

It started running in Lincolnshire which is easier to get to than Evanston or Barrington for me.

link

New 'Batman' movie shooting next year, Gary Oldman says

Jul 24, 2009, 02:38 PM | by Entertainment Weekly

While speaking at the Comic-Con panel for his new movie, The Book of Eli, Gary Oldman told the crowd that the next Batman film will start shooting in 2010, scheduled for release in 2011. "You didn't hear that from me," he added. Oldman played Commissioner Gordon in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. EW trying to confirm with Warner Bros. Check back for more details...