Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
Trailer for Tron Legacy is online and is freaking sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6jfm0hq0bk...feature=related

Wow. basically the same teaser trailer premiered at the 2008 Comi-Con. but in spectacular high quality.

This film could be the phenomenal 25-years-later sequel that the Star wars prequels weren't. In this case, the sharp modern CGI is going to contribute to the storyline in which the cyber world introduced in Tron has continued to evolve. It won't be the jarring visual discontinuity of the SW prequels compared to the effects of the original films that are supposed to occur later in the story timeline.

Ireally want to see this, and I really want it to be good.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
Saw Harry Potter.

Very unexciting movie.

The film couldn't stray very far from Book 6, which was a slower book than Book 5, intended to fill in a lot of backstory to set the stage for Deathly Hallows. Even with all the shortcuts, omissions and liberties they took, It was a better film than I was expecting.

I used to love Zoey Deschanel but what a heartbreaking b**** she is....I just seen 500 days of Summer. Decent movie but there were too many similarities to Garden State that made me think they were ripping that off.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
I was looking forwrad to going to the show tonight, but there is nothing out right now that looks interesting. The video store is even worse.

This summer has been brutal.

I remember seeing previews for Miss March in theatres and thought it looked pretty funny, yet, it never got to theatres and I was bored around 1 am and went to Walmart and there it was for sale for $14 so I bought it..

I thought it looked funny, wonder why it never made it to the movies.. either way, bout to watch it and hope its as funny as it looked.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
<!--quotec-->

Very interesting mini-series coming to amc. Looks good.

I am not a number...I am a free man!!! I loved The Prisoner. It is my all-time favorite tv series and this looks great. Ian McKellan is a perfect number 2. I always felt a re-imaging of that series would be acceptable and a good idea. So many more possibilities with today's budget and effects.

Patrick MacGoohan did have a hand in this before he passed.

For those unfamiliar with the original...Rent it, Youtube it...see it. Ahead of it's time. Lost, Heroes, Buffy...etc...owe a lot to the original series.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 05:09 AM)
They didn't have a redbox there? Blind buying DVD's is so pointless these days.

I always blind buy DVDs when they are like this movie. The unrated comedy type movies generally seem to always end up being at the very least a decent buy, especially for $14.

However, this one was a great buy as I thought it was very funny and really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to watch for others as well, I don't know how it didn't last in theaters because I thought it was pretty funny.

What do you mean?Are you asking if anyone saw The Haunting in the state of Connecticut or is the movie's name The Haunting in Connecticut...by the way,never heard of that movie:D

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Wow,I dont remember seeing so much T and A the first time I saw Showgirls back when it first came out...

Still a horrible movie and Berkley wore waaay too much make up all through out the film.