Beckham flirting with .300.

Steve9347

Considering he started 0-13 and 2-28, the fact that he is hitting .296 is a testament to how good of a ballplayer this kid is going to be. He also has a .368 OBP and an .804 OPS, which is damn good considering it only comes with 3 homers.

We're looking at a legit superstar in the future. My God, he's barely tapping the lowests ends of his potential right now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)
Considering he started 0-13 and 2-28, the fact that he is hitting .296 is a testament to how good of a ballplayer this kid is going to be. He also has a .368 OBP and an .804 OPS, which is damn good considering it only comes with 3 homers.

We're looking at a legit superstar in the future. My God, he's barely tapping the lowests ends of his potential right now.

Beckham makes me gitty!! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
He has never struck out more than once in a game. Great discipline.

I'm fairly confident he'll finish his career with substantially more BB than SO. As of now his BB/K is already above league average at 0.60 (0.51). Another good sign his is XBH% which is also above major league average at 8.5% (7.9%).

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Given what we've heard about Beckham, if he's flirting with .300, he'll probably nail .300.

:lolhitting Nice.

As for Beckham, he's sick. I mean, I have loved this kid since before we drafted him, but my god, he just keeps getting better. Gonna be a great one.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
"Flirting with 300"

Is that 30 very hot chicks?

Well he nailed 10 of them who were stunning, and the other 20 were decent to meh, so he's hitting a legit homerun 3 out of every 10 at bats.

BTW Steve, you suck for starting this thread basically jinxing Slayer today. :angry:

Whatever Beckham's doing off the field, we haven't heard nearly as many stories as were circulating about Brian Anderson's late nights and "hunnies"...I think with Ozzie, he doesn't really care what you do off the field, as long as you perform when the lights come on.

But if you're underachieving AND going out all the time, woe is you!