Beckham flirting with .300.

Steve9347

A few games ago on CSN when Getz was batting they showed a graphic of RBI leaders among rookies, Getz was 2 and Beckham was 3 (I believe), Nix was 2nd for home runs. I was wondering if anyone knows how our rookies stack up amongst all league rookies in all major statistics, mostly in the effort to see how competitive Bacon is getting in the ROY running.

Maybe this is something to keep track of in a Diamond Club thread, "ROY Tracker"...?

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
A few games ago on CSN when Getz was batting they showed a graphic of RBI leaders among rookies, Getz was 2 and Beckham was 3 (I believe), Nix was 2nd for home runs. I was wondering if anyone knows how our rookies stack up amongst all league rookies in all major statistics, mostly in the effort to see how competitive Bacon is getting in the ROY running.

Maybe this is something to keep track of in a Diamond Club thread, "ROY Tracker"...?

I think Beckham has a great shot at ROY...With Porcello trending down and the lack of confidence I have in Romero or Reimold - I think Becks can do it.

Nix was 2nd in homers and beckham was 5th i believe.

Reimold is the leader I think but he is like 2-3 rbi's up, like 5 homers and a couple runs. He also has played in like 15 more games though. 50-60 more at bats for Beckham and he is probably ahead of him in everything but home runs.

Among AL rookies with 125+ PA this season Gordon Ranks:

1st in AVG at .304, (#2 Gardner: .277)

1st in OBP at .371, (#2 Garnder: .350)

1st in SLG at .452, (#2 Nix: .443)

1st in OPS at .823, (#2 Reimold: .779)

4th in HR w/ 3 (#1 Reimold: 9)

2nd in RBI w/ 23 (#1 Reimold: 26)

1st in RC/27 at 6.11 (#2 Gardner: 5.28)

RC/27 = Runs created per 27 outs

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
But you're not Beckham and...

ewwww.

ahhh to be the Slayer...

This girl I know works at an upscale men's hair salon in the loop, she's recently cut Beckham, Nix, and Getz's hair. I could walk there in about 1.5 minutes from my office, how gay would it be to walk in there and ask Beckham for an autograph. Just act like I'm coming in for a cut, pull out a baseball and act like I carry one with me at all times, then abruptly sprint out of the place.

QUOTE (JoeCredeYes @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
Just act like I'm coming in for a cut, pull out a baseball and act like I carry one with me at all times, then abruptly sprint out of the place.

You don't even need a ball... just walk in and ask him to sign your driver's license as the donor witness on the back. Easy thing to do and it always makes for a good story when you take your ID out.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
You don't even need a ball... just walk in and ask him to sign your driver's license as the donor witness on the back. Easy thing to do and it always makes for a good story when you take your ID out.

Spoken like a true stalker.