Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos

WSoxMatt

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
Im not defending Wise, Im just so damn sick of hearing about Brian Anderson and every other player who the majority of this board seem to fall in love with for no explicable reason, and then constantly hearing b****ing and moaning about what has happened to that player.

I wanted Anderson to have a chance, but at the end of the day he got plenty of chances and he is meh. If I had to bet my last $50 on Wise getting a hit or Anderson, I put it on Wise. If as a manager I cant trust where Anderson's head is at, I dont care if hes a better fielder, I am not going to take a risk on a sub being a malcontent. He should be f***ing happy to be in the majors and should be busting his ass every day regardless. If he is amazing when he gets sent down to AAA hell kill the ball and make the Sox look silly.

Do I really think that is going to happen?

I dont know, I hope it does because it only helps the Sox.

I think that Ozzie feels Wise has more heart than Anderson. And quite frankly Im not so sure when Im choosing the last player on my team and they both are below average, I might choose the one who had the most heart.

Im just sick of hearing it about it is all. 1 person said that this was the worst move of the KW era. Its time to move on.

ok dewayne wise is officially a member of soxtalk!......if i had 50 dollars to bet i'd bet that wise couldnt hit a beach ball if it was pitched to him

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:21 AM)
Im just sick of hearing it about it is all. 1 person said that this was the worst move of the KW era. Its time to move on.

Well said, couldn't agree more. When you have the Nick Swisher's deal on your resume, this move is definitely no big deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Let me ask you this: Does Alfonso Soriano have heart? Most would say absolutely not, but he has as many clutch hits as anyone in baseball this year.

i dont think he cares one way or another if they win...but yet he does come through in the clutch

Players who are good have a better chance of coming through in the clutch. (Compared to guys who are "lucky." If youre good youre most likely clutch).

Edited by bigruss22

Soriano has no heart because he refuses to do what is best for his team.

Being clutch is different than heart.

Heart is about sacrificing everything so that your team can win, and some times that means batting in a place in the order you might not want to.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:25 AM)
i dont think he cares one way or another if they win...but yet he does come through in the clutch

You mean just like how people used to say the same about Garland and even Konerko over the past few years?

Gavin is flat out nasty right now. He is so good. Easily one of the best pitchers in baseball over his last 12 or so starts. And if someone thinks I'm kidding, check the numbers. He's going deep into games, giving up few runs, and is looking good doing it. I f***ing love Gavin. He's the most untouchable guy on the roster in my eyes (maybe Gbecks too).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
You mean just like how people used to say the same about Garland and even Konerko over the past few years?

i mean i think soriano cares more about his stats and what position he played (at one time), i've always thought paulie's been a team player....not so much on soriano's part...

no comment on johnny garland

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
I guess there may be some people out there who cant measure how much heart a player or person has. I believe it is one of the easiest qualities you can tell when you actually meet them.

/shrugs

Have you met Wheezey?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Gavin is flat out nasty right now. He is so good. Easily one of the best pitchers in baseball over his last 12 or so starts. And if someone thinks I'm kidding, check the numbers. He's going deep into games, giving up few runs, and is looking good doing it. I f***ing love Gavin. He's the most untouchable guy on the roster in my eyes (maybe Gbecks too).

I'm one of the guys who at the beginning of the year when he was struggling, was calling last year a fluke. I'm glad to be wrong and hope he keeps it up for a few more innings.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)

He is just flat out dealing right now. His stuff has basically been there all year, fortunately he got his head together. Great thing is, he should be able to keep this up all season because he shows no sign of his stuff going away.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
I guess there may be some people out there who cant measure how much heart a player or person has. I believe it is one of the easiest qualities you can tell when you actually meet them.

/shrugs

wise may have heart but if he cant do anything with it why have him on the team? for cheerleading purposes?