Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos

WSoxMatt

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
He is just flat out dealing right now. His stuff has basically been there all year, fortunately he got his head together. Great thing is, he should be able to keep this up all season because he shows no sign of his stuff going away.

When he was struggling I pointed a lot of it to bad luck and just some poor location. The stuff was still there. And it's looking even better now. He's got a good FB, a great curve and a pretty damn good change.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
So there is no reason not to have Scotty as our leadoff guy next year, right?

You always have to worry about him keeping his legs healthy. If you go into next year with him in CF and Quentin in LF, you better have a good back-up

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
When he was struggling I pointed a lot of it to bad luck and just some poor location. The stuff was still there. And it's looking even better now. He's got a good FB, a great curve and a pretty damn good change.

He really wasn't using his curve effectively as an out pitch earlier in the season too. He was being beat on the fastball and not keeping people off balance with the curve.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
He is just flat out dealing right now. His stuff has basically been there all year, fortunately he got his head together. Great thing is, he should be able to keep this up all season because he shows no sign of his stuff going away.

On whom do you think Coop did his best work, Thornton, or Floyd? I'd have to say Floyd considering, he got great results whike keeping him a starter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
You always have to worry about him keeping his legs healthy. If you go into next year with him in CF and Quentin in LF, you better have a good back-up

Happily, I think we've got our backup plan in CF at AA right now if he does. And our leadoff options have multiplied now that Getz has resumed hitting.

Where have I said a positive word about Wise?

Why cant you understand I dont care about Wise or Anderson.

Im just so sick of the over exaggerations, Ive been posting on this site for 7.5 years, it takes something really remarkable to get me pissed. And I just cant stand to hear about how Brian Anderson got screwed one more time.

He was a 1st round draft pick, there is no reason why Kenny would want him to fail. They have given him many chances and he has never proven to be an every day player. He had an option left and for whatever reason they feel the best move is to send down Anderson.

At the end of the day I know Kenny and Ozzie want to win as much as I do. They may make bad decisions (we all do), but they are making them to win. So if they think sending down Brian Anderson who has done nothing is the better move, I defer to their damn judgment.

Just so tired of hearing all the damn experts on this site who know so much (GAVIN FLOYD HATERS I WILL NEVER FORGET).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
On whom do you think Coop did his best work, Thornton, or Floyd? I'd have to say Floyd considering, he got great results whike keeping him a starter.

Thornton. Floyd was as much mental as it was physical. You can see that in how he performed in AAA in 07. Thornton, Coop talked to him for 5 minutes and turned him into an all-star.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)

I think Floyd made a lot of adjustments in Charlotte as well. It was an combination of an organizational effort and a Gavin Floyd effort. Regardless Coop has helped him continue to develop. Same with Danks (although Buehrle has also been an asset there). Thorty was a complete ML effort so I got to give a lot more credit to Thorty.

Therefor I'm going to say Coop's best job is on Thorty. Floyd is the better reclamation project though, but both were stellar pickups.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Thornton. Floyd was as much mental as it was physical. You can see that in how he performed in AAA in 07. Thornton, Coop talked to him for 5 minutes and turned him into an all-star.

I say Floyd, because Floyd's case was so much harder (and in a way is still a problem) to fix. Thornton's fix was fantastic, but like you said it barely took him anytime to do so. Coop's ability to fix the mental problems speaks higher volumes to me (both were great though).