Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos

WSoxMatt

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckham and Ramirez look like a consistent 20/20 club waiting to happen up the middle with steals and homers each season.

30/30 would be amazing, and Ramirez is the more likely one there....but we'll easily settle for 20/20 every year.

Who got sent down to make way for Quentin, BTW?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Beckham and Ramirez look like a consistent 20/20 club waiting to happen up the middle with steals and homers each season.

30/30 would be amazing, and Ramirez is the more likely one there....but we'll easily settle for 20/20 every year.

Who got sent down to make way for Quentin, BTW?

BA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
It's amazing how his gut seems to say the same thing every time.

Going with your gut to me suggests going against the formula. The formula says righty/righty matchups for pitchers and righty/lefty matchups when you're at the plate, and he follows that religiously.

As does just about every other manager in baseball. And I was talking overall. Not just righty/righty or lefty/lefty matchups.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
I tell ya what. With Maddon's knowledge, and learning about the game, Dave Martinez is gonna be one hell of a manager someday.

Everyone in the organization will have to lock up their wives. Didn't he have some fun with Sandburg's ex?